Forum Regular

Where to buy external tweeters a la B&W, Swan etc.?

Hi all,

Skeptic has got me going on his 901 modifications, and I'm thinking about doing something similar. I looked on partsexpress.com for external tweeters similar to those found on B&W and Swan speakers, but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a place to buy high-quality external tweeters?

Thanks!
    Adam

I guess you missed one. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=297-409&DID=7 Hi Vi makes all the drivers put in swan speakers so they probably use this tweeter in one of their models.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    Thanks, Joey. I thought I had looked through every page of dome tweeters, but there it is right in front of me. It certainly looks identical to the Swan tweeter. If I ever ever have the time and gumption to try Skeptic's hair-brained 901 modifications, I now know where to get the tweeters.

Thanks again,
    Adam

Forum Regular
    DMB FAN, visit Townshend Audio's web site at www.townshendaudio.com and read all about their audiophile add on super tweeters, they do everything that Townshend claim.
    Sagem HD45S, Yamaha RX-V2400RDS, Denon DVD 3910, Arcam CD 23T, PS 3, Kef Q7 + Townshend Maximum Super Tweeters Front, Kef iQ6C Center, Kef Q7 Side and Kef Q55.2 Rear Surrounds, Velodyne SPL800R, Kimber Power Kords, Kimber Select KS1011 Interconect CD to Amp, Kimber Tonic interconnects all other sources Kimber 8 PR Speaker Kable, Soundstyle Equipment Rack

Forum Regular
    Look @ elac...the have the 4pi tweeters external 360degrees...400wrms per tweeter till 45khz. Expensive yes,but so magnificient the whole high region gets cleared up.
    Pre-amp: Mcintosh C26
    Poweramp: Mcintosh MC2105
    Source: Sony Xa50es modified
    Dual 503-1 turntable
    Speakers: Magnepan MG1 modified supertweeters.

Furthermore

Audiolab 480 poweramp, Infinity Qe, Sonus Faber Concertino, Dynaco ST80 (RARE) Tubeamplifier.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dmb_fan
    Hi all,

Skeptic has got me going on his 901 modifications, and I'm thinking about doing something similar. I looked on partsexpress.com for external tweeters similar to those found on B&W and Swan speakers, but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of a place to buy high-quality external tweeters?

Thanks!
    Adam
    Check madisound.com for a good selection of tweeters. Vifa are good value.

Thread Information