Thread: EV Patrician II

The Collector

EV Patrician II

This is a shot in the dark but I am wondering if anyone know anything about the EV Patrician II. From what I have read they were an amazing speaker. I really was wondering if anyone knows if EV used the 30" woofer in any other speaker.

Also on a side note. I am looking for a 30" or larger woofer, preferably blown, to be used in a large display in a store if anyone has any information on where I can find one that would be great

Forum Regular

Lightbulb

I think I saw one on E-Bay today. It was in a huge cabinet. If not, sorry to get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s
    This is a shot in the dark but I am wondering if anyone know anything about the EV Patrician II. From what I have read they were an amazing speaker. I really was wondering if anyone knows if EV used the 30" woofer in any other speaker.

Also on a side note. I am looking for a 30" or larger woofer, preferably blown, to be used in a large display in a store if anyone has any information on where I can find one that would be great
    I had a chance to sit and listen to an EV Patrician (not sure if it was a II) for several hours, but it was many many years ago. What I remember is that even though I had a few hours to listen, I was done after only a few minutes. In it's price and/or size category I'm quite sure it was the worst sounding loudspeaker I'd ever had the misfortune to hear. However, different strokes for different folks. In their day they may have been a great loudspeaker. What do I know?

Hartley still makes their 24-inch drivers, and they most certainly have an impressive appearance. If you want a modern bass driver look elsewhere, but the Hartley's aren't too expensive even when new, and they do look good.

Hartley Loudspeakers
    5732 Oleander Drive
    Wilmington, North Carolina 28043
    (910) 362-0500

Don't know of anyone making a 30" today, but would expect the cost of a (new) driver that size to be close to a grand, perhaps more.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

Thread Information