Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Hey guys and gals. It is good to be back after a hiatus. I owned a pair of EPI acoustic suspension speakers (10" woofer). I haven't been able to remember or investigate the model number. My dad bought them for me at a Crazy Eddie type store closeout in Danbury CT in the early to mid 90's. The were a set of demos. I ended up building a cool set of stands for them that angled them back just a bit.

I didn't have the ear or the experience that I do now but, damn, if those speakers didn't sound great- especially for the money.
    The round mound of rebound sound is profound and bound to pound the ground. OK, I got nuthin.....

Audio Enthusiast
    The very first pair of speakers I bought were
    JBL 4301B
    At the time I thought they were spectacular. They were very smooth and flat for near field listening. I powered the with a classic NAD 3020 integrated amp.

Preamplifier: Apt Holman Preamp 1
    Amplifier: Carver TFM 45
    Speakers: Magnaplanar SMG (1982) with Peter Gunn 1st order crossover upgrade
    Disk Player: OppoDigital DVH-71
    Turntable: SystemDek IIx Profile II tonearm, Grado Reference Platinum, Oracle Groove Isolator mat
    Phono Stage: Modified Michael Yee PFe-1

Fisher XP55B's.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squeegy200 View Post
    The very first pair of speakers I bought were
    JBL 4301B
    At the time I thought they were spectacular. They were very smooth and flat for near field listening. I powered the with a classic NAD 3020 integrated amp.

I liked the home version of that speaker the JBL 19. I bought a pair for my younger brother. His wife sold them cheaply in a yard sale without checking with either of us.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular
    A real Sherwood 100 wpc receiver and Dual paired with these 96 db Mark IV's. I was just a kid and uninformed. The Fraziers made in Dallas sounded as good as Heresy's. There's even a Frazier sub group on the Klipsch forum.

Beautiful Vintage Frazier mark IV stereo speakers - Classified Ad

My 1st were Ultralinier, don't see them anymore. I had a beutiful marantz 65 w per 2, and matching eq. speakers were so costly then, and I was on a low budjet. stolen 2 yrs after purchase. never recovered.

Forum Regular
    Polk RT4

My first pair were Pioneer CS-99A's. I bought them in 1977 and had them until I gave them to my sister in 1992. Wish I had them back. I think her ex-husband took them when they got divorced.
    Jet Silver And The Dolls Of Venus Span The Space Between Us With A Tune...

Forum Regular
    The first set of decent speakers That I bought were a pare of Dodge Custom Speakers , they were small speakers with great sound , I changed the cross over and tweeters from 20 Khz to A SET AT 29Khz .
    they Would fit in a trunk with the rest of the Stereo , which was A Nec Receiver , and Turn
    table , Back in the early 80's , So you like Nad , I have a Nad 2400 , Amp for sale .

Forum Regular
    My first "real" speakers were a pair of AR-4x. These were the intro speaker for the Acoustic Research line. I believe the year was 1969. I powered them with a Dynaco SCA-35 tube amp that I built from the kit and had an AR turntable with a basic Shure cartridge.

Forum Regular

AR-4X ,Circa 1969 , must have been around the time the chamber was used .

Hi your pair of of AR-4X Circa 1969 , was in the time when AR was
    building their own components , and had a better Quality product , than later in the 80s , when they were mass produced , Mine Are AR 18 -BX . which are Digital speakers , they are a two way , Fre,
    40-22000 Hz , 100 watts max , they are mint , had them refomed ,
    with , Boston fomes . So for the cost of a miner repair , I had them given to me by a dealer , these as far as I Know around 1980 ,
    The AR18s were out before the AR 18 BX s,.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What was the first pair of speakers you ever owned?-185.jpg  

Forum Regular
    I had 2 pair of Sony SS 550 H froor standing , 3 way , about 40 inches high , Freq, 35=50000-HZ, great for a 5.1 system . Cristle Clear Sound , they were great for SACD playing,

Forum Regular

My first

I think my first speakers was when I took a radio apart and put a couple car speakers on it so I could have something like a stereo. I was probably 12 if that. Then at around 14 my dad and I built a set trying to emulate Altec Lansing Voice of the Theaters. They came out great for a first try but were way short of the AL's lol.

Forum Regular

The good old days .

It seams a lot of people regret giveing up their speakers , and stereos,and wishing for the chance to own them again , Check out Canuck Audio Mart , and may be your dream will live agane . I'm a member and so can you .

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information