AR Newbie Registered Member

I'm sorta a newb that needs help

Hey all. I have a home theater at home, not sure of the model number of all my equipment (I'll come by here later and post that info)

The speakers are alright (Yamaha) and the reciever is god (5.1 Yamaha) the RCA DVD player is getting a little old but the part that I want to replace the most is my sub. It is a chop between a car audio sub and a home theater sub amp. It is the amp from an Energy ES-10 sub and a B-52 12" car audio sub. This has worked for me for about 2-3 years but it is starting to be not so good sounding.

I'm looking for a cheap sub that will give clear crisp bass and that can pound the house without the lovely farting sound.

Can anyone help a newbie out here?
    Thanks!

Forum Regular
    id consider cerwin vega fairly inexpensive and known for bass,most people down them here ,but for the price you cant beat um,,,heres a link vega subs

Awesome, I was thinking them as well. I love Velodyn (spl) subs, my friend had one and it was super nice but it was $1000+ which is a little outta my price range. So Looking at the models of Cerwin Vega, the V-10s/12s would be your best bet then?

Thanks again!

Forum Regular
    cerwin vega subwoofers ...heres a link im partial to the ht series but the v series also sounds very good

Forum Regular
    What is your specific budget for a sub?

Budget...hmmm....low? Heh lets say between $200 - $500 CDN....Wish I had a million dollars. :-/

Forum Regular
    If you can look for a used Paradigm PW-2200 or similar sub. Cheap and crisp, clear bass that will pound you do not go hand in hand. You also may consider a DIY sub using an Adire Audio Shiva or Tempest driver.

Ok, i'll look into those. I was also looking on the build it yourself site. Has anyone tried those? Any good? Better or worse then the store bought ones?

Thread Information