I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

M100's in the game...

Finally got around to fixing these up a bit. They are modded a little bit as I used a pair of refoamed Genesis I woofers rather than the original EPI woofers. I can certaintly see why everyone raves about the tweeters in these things. Very nice for classical music and they did pretty well with Eric Clapton as well.
    Last edited by thekid; 02-28-2010 at 02:30 AM.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Sweet!!!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    That wood is beautiful on those. I bet your wife even likes them. So overall, what's the sound after Frankensteining the woofs? Normally I would be objected to desecrating a Genesis but in this case it looks like the result could be beautiful music.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    That wood is beautiful on those. I bet your wife even likes them. So overall, what's the sound after Frankensteining the woofs? Normally I would be objected to desecrating a Genesis but in this case it looks like the result could be beautiful music.
    Well the wife rolled her eyes a bit as she saw visions of the "speaker wall" coming back...

I can't really compare stock EPI woofers to the Genesis but I can say that the histories of the two companies were fairly intermixed. The last time I looked on Human speakers which is/was a site where you could buy replacement drivers for both EPI and Genesis speakers I think he sells the same replacement woofer for the 100's as he does the 1's which tells me that they are probably audio twins. The strength of the 100's was always reported to be there tweeter.

I had posted something about these speakers when I first picked them up of off CL along with a pair of Optimus 5's and Marantz Imperials but I just kept accumulating stuff that I never got around to them. These were bought from the original owner and it seems like he really took care of his gear as all 3 pairs of speakers I got from him were in mint condition.

Well I'm off to the airport...hopefully I will be able to check in with everyone while I am on the road next week. I can't wait to get back because I have a line in on a high end Laser Disc player that the owner is saying they will hold until I get back but you never know....
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Sounds good. Just remember to keep an eye out for those CDP's, if for nothing else, for your buddy Chubbs.

Thread Information