Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suspended

Want better sounding speakers?.......Just try these...........

Take two 17.5" by 17.5" ceramic floor tiles and put one under each speaker. The improvement I'm hearing in my system is... more 3-Dimensional.......tighter bass......better mids and highs....very nice improvement! My floor is carpeted , never have tried this on hard wood floors yet.

My God. I think you get stupider with each post.

Here's a novel idea for you:

CARPET SPIKES

They're the latest rage.

Suspended

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    My God. I think you get stupider with each post.

Here's a novel idea for you:

CARPET SPIKES

They're the latest rage.
    No spikes for me, I use Mi-Rollers on top of these tiles. You can get these things cheap too $15.00 for a set of three Demo Brass Mi-Rollers, jrs. I told Rick Becker about these and here's the review.........OH, Rick tells us what he thinks about this "ceramic tiles tweak" in this review also........ http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin.../mirollers.htm

The Collector
    I have to stop going to those links each one makes me wish I was dead

Mutant from table 9
    I got that all beat. My speakers have spikes with each tower sitting on a half inch slate tile. Each tile has a carpet scrap glued underneath (soft side down) so the carpet cushions between the tile and the hardwood floor. Underneath the floor are steel I-beams in a concrete foundation. The whole room then sits on the back of a hundred year old tortise. All I gotta say is this set up makes the new Bloodhound Gang record come alive. The stage prescence and depth of Jimmy Pop's vocals were unmatched. It's Grammy time!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundideas
    No spikes for me, I use Mi-Rollers on top of these tiles.
    Maybe that's why your system sounds like crap?

LMAO...HaHa. You guys are so funny.

Suspended

Exclamation

Here's something else that will AMAZE you..... Cryo'd fast-blow ceramic fuses from Cryo-Parts for $5.75 each.... http://www.cryo-parts.com/oddsends.html Someone over on audio asylum forum has already tried these cryo'd ceramic fuses...... http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/twe...es/123365.html

The Collector
    if i hear one more thing about cryo i am going to get my brain cryoed

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Maybe that's why your system sounds like crap?
    There no need for insult ,is there.If he's happy with the way they work why go and cut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    There no need for insult ,is there.If he's happy with the way they work why go and cut him down.
    Because he's a shill & a troll, Pat. All he ever does is come here touting the latest voo-doo and snake-oil he found on some website. It's ridiculous. If he actually bought the crap he espouses, which I find extraordinarily hard to believe, he has invested more on "tweaks" than his actual white van speakers .

I agree with trying to be civil, but there comes a point where shills and trolls have to be put in their place. If the mods won't do anything about it, it's open season!

To everyone else, as tempting as it is, can we please stop feeding the trolls?

I never know how to deal with this guy. Usually I just delete spam, but the threads that ensue from this particular person are usually pretty funny. The funniest part is his stereo, which makes me think he's just doing this for laughs. A Sony receiver and white van speakers with all those tweaks?? He's got to be fooling with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    I never know how to deal with this guy. Usually I just delete spam, but the threads that ensue from this particular person are usually pretty funny. The funniest part is his stereo, which makes me think he's just doing this for laughs. A Sony receiver and white van speakers with all those tweaks?? He's got to be fooling with us.
    I have been ignoring these threads lately. Is it OK if I go back to feeding the bears?
    Some funny stuff for sure.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Because he's a shill & a troll, Pat. All he ever does is come here touting the latest voo-doo and snake-oil he found on some website. It's ridiculous. If he actually bought the crap he espouses, which I find extraordinarily hard to believe, he has invested more on "tweaks" than his actual white van speakers .

I agree with trying to be civil, but there comes a point where shills and trolls have to be put in their place. If the mods won't do anything about it, it's open season!

To everyone else, as tempting as it is, can we please stop feeding the trolls?
    Lately I notice on most thread there insult,cut-down.Flo was doing this in your eyes ,he was called from bigot ,Nazi,ect ect.Now we even have Moderators on some thread at it.Can we just enjoy ourself,learn and teach?

Mutant from table 9
    My tortoise is cryoed... but, he is also a bit of a bigot. You don't know stereo separation until you've heard your stereo on the back of a frozen bigoted turtle.

Forum Regular

Talking

I noticed they sell 'cryo' treated golf balls (I'm guessing they couldn't fit frisbees in the tank). Aren't these guys a research division of Bose?

I wonder if they 'cryo treated' my socks if I wouldn't have to wash them as much.

Quote Originally Posted by abstracta
    I noticed they sell 'cryo' treated golf balls (I'm guessing they couldn't fit frisbees in the tank). Aren't these guys a research division of Bose?

I wonder if they 'cryo treated' my socks if I wouldn't have to wash them as much.
    You have to wash socks? Oh man! I've been doing it wrong. I just throw mine in the hamper. A few days later they always show up back in my dresser all clean and folded.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended

Arrow

Hey, that Sony str-v5 receiver is one of the best sounding in its day and can hold its own with good gear made today too! And those SDAT speakers sound damn good let me tell you! Go head and have your FUN.....all these tweaks that I'm REALLY USING and REALLY OWN, really do work! If some of you would just quick running off at the mouth and really try some of these tweaks you too would see that they really work........HAVE A NICE DAY........

Quote Originally Posted by Soundideas
    Hey, that Sony str-v5 receiver is one of the best sounding in its day and can hold its own with good gear made today too! And those SDAT speakers sound damn good let me tell you! Go head and have your FUN.....all these tweaks that I'm REALLY USING and REALLY OWN, really do work! If some of you would just quick running off at the mouth and really try some of these tweaks you too would see that they really work........HAVE A NICE DAY........
    My bet it that this guy is a regular posting under this name to make us laugh.

Sony str-v5

Is this it?
    How much have you spent on tweaks compared to this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is this it?
    To be clear, I'm not trying to bash your stereo. I love vintage gear, i have tons of it. Don't know anything about the "SDAT" speakers.

If you're actually a serious person and not just pulling our chain (which you are doing a great job of) what we're saying is maybe you should quit wasting money on silly tweaks and put that cash to actual gear upgrades.

When I first got into audio I fell for this stuff. I didn't have much money to spend so I bought all these silly little tweaks because they weren't too much money. I rarely heard anything. What a waste. Just save your money and upgrade things that matter: Speakers, Amp, Source.

OK, that will be my only serious post because I still can't tell if you are serious or not.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    My tortoise is cryoed... but, he is also a bit of a bigot. You don't know stereo separation until you've heard your stereo on the back of a frozen bigoted turtle.
    That brought me back to my Grateful Dead days....
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

RGA's alter ego maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    My bet it that this guy is a regular posting under this name to make us laugh.
    Naa...Unless Audionote speaker are really SDAT's!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Suspended
    Is this it?
    Thats my receiver, show a picture on what this receiver looks like on the inside. I spent about 3 times more on the tweaks, you can get these receivers very cheap sometimes.....

Suspended
    To be clear, I'm not trying to bash your stereo. I love vintage gear, i have tons of it. Don't know anything about the "SDAT" speakers.

If you're actually a serious person and not just pulling our chain (which you are doing a great job of) what we're saying is maybe you should quit wasting money on silly tweaks and put that cash to actual gear upgrades.

When I first got into audio I fell for this stuff. I didn't have much money to spend so I bought all these silly little tweaks because they weren't too much money. I rarely heard anything. What a waste. Just save your money and upgrade things that matter: Speakers, Amp, Source.

OK, that will be my only serious post because I still can't tell if you are serious or not.
    OK, prove me wrong then....just try one of those Cryo'd ceramic fuses from cryo-parts and tell us what you think........???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information