Forum Regular

Vintage Speakers Info

Hi there,

I have just bought these speakers on a whim because they sounded really gorgeous. However, I have no idea of their history. This is a long shot as they look bespoke, but do any of you know at a glance which manufacturer might have made them? The cabinets are completely sealed, and there are no labels or text anywhere.

Secondly, and this is probably best on the cables page but - I have no idea how to connect them. Do any of you recognize the connectors in the first photo? As far as I can work out, they don't take any cables I'm familiar with.

Yours ignorantly,
    D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vintage Speakers Info-connectors.jpg   Vintage Speakers Info-speakers-1.jpg   Vintage Speakers Info-speakers-2.jpg   Vintage Speakers Info-speakers-3.jpg   Vintage Speakers Info-speakers-4.jpg  

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Folk

Welcome to AR.
    Those certainly are interesting. My guess is that they went to a console and at some point got separated. The motif of the panels might give some clue as to the console they are from. I am also guessing that what appears to be a whole in the top is for an omni-directional driver that is pointing upwards so I would not sit anything on them.

As for how to hook them up you might try regular banana plugs but I can't tell because I can't judge the size of the whole. Here is an idea of what might work.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26...&skuId=8470095
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6