Seeking information about Paradigm

Hello everyone!
    My equipment consists of:
    Denon avr4310
    Denon dvd 3800 bd
    B & W 685
    B & W htm61
    B & W 686.
    Now I bought a Harman Kardon HK990 integrated amplifier with its CD HD990. I want to connect the 'Harman Kardon PreOuts of 4310 and to drive the front and in HT use only HK for listening to 2ch music.
    I would like to replace my B & W, flipping through the catalogs I've seen Paradigm studio100. These speakers are not very popular in Italy, then I would ask you some advice.
    How is married to HarmanKardon? Listening Pop Rock and some traces of classical type of film soundtracks.
    1000 thanks to those who help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roby
    Hello everyone!
    My equipment consists of:
    Denon avr4310
    Denon dvd 3800 bd
    B & W 685
    B & W htm61
    B & W 686.
    Now I bought a Harman Kardon HK990 integrated amplifier with its CD HD990. I want to connect the 'Harman Kardon PreOuts of 4310 and to drive the front and in HT use only HK for listening to 2ch music.
    I would like to replace my B & W, flipping through the catalogs I've seen Paradigm studio100. These speakers are not very popular in Italy, then I would ask you some advice.
    How is married to HarmanKardon? Listening Pop Rock and some traces of classical type of film soundtracks.
    1000 thanks to those who help me.
    Well, your arrangement is a bit unusual but technically will work. Do you mean you want to replace all your B&W with Paradigm, or just the fronts. If the latter, I would say don't bother. As to whether the Paradigm are "better" than the B&W, that's mostly a matter of taste.

I'm surprised that Paradigm is available at all in Italy, but I see they have a distributor there, see Xfaudo.

I own a couple pairs of Paradigm 'Monitor' series speakers, (below the 'Studio' line), that I like quite well. Some people find Paradigm a trifle "forward" sounding but I mine models are not noticably so.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 60s, baby brothers to the 100s. When I bought them last year, I had compared them to (among other things) a set of B&Ws but I, unfortunately, can't remember the model number.

To my ears, the Paradigms had a more detailed sound and better separation of instruments. In contrast, the B&Ws sounded a bit muddled. Both sounded excellent...just different. But so much about sound depends on other factors. My best advice is to try to find someplace that carries the Paradigm Studio series and listen to them.

Forum Regular
    For Feanor
    This provision is widely divebtando us.
    You must use amplifiers that allow to exclude the preamp section and the HK990 is one of them, but there are others such pma2000 Denon, Marantz pm8003 pma1500 and others ....
    Now I change the 2 front and center and surround even the short time between.
    I do not want a confrontation with B & W because I want to try something different. Besides I'm looking Focal836 Paradigm and Monitor Audio GS60 and RX8.
    Xfaudio and I know the shops near his home selling paradigm, but not the model I'm trying to make me feel. They are also just landed in Italy and also in the Italian forum no one talks about ...

For ForeverAutumn

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    the B&Ws sounded a bit muddled.
    Surely you've heard 683

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    For ForeverAutumn
    Surely you've heard 683
    I just checked their website and it was the CM7s that we compared to the Paradigm Studio 60s.

I should mention that I am not, by any means, a speaker expert. I only responded to this thread because you were asking about the Paradigm Studio series and I have a little bit of experience with them.

Forum Regular
    Signature of S6 that tell me?

Signature of S6 that tell me?
    IF you are asking about the Signature 6....well thats a great speaker. I listened to the Sig 8 with a poor connection and it sounded really good through the mids and high frequencies, but the the bass was a little week....I suspect it was due to the poor connection in the audio shop. Some consider them bright meaning ear bleed after a while, but I had no such opinion.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

I used to sell Paradigm years ago and think that for the most part they are one of the more well rounded speakers out there if your musical tastes vary. I will say the studio 100 are very good and the signature series are even better. As far as being to bright I think its a matter of tastes and also the gear you pair them with. I have a pair of older monitor 7's which sound very good but I have heavily modified them and even changed out the tweeters to a more natural sounding and less bright soft dome since I seem to like the smoothness and natural sound of soft domes. I am normally not a fan of metal dome tweeters in speakers but there are always exceptions to this and some of paradigms models meet those exceptions. If you got a chance I would go and listen to a pair and see for yourself if you prefer them to your 683's, If this is not possible then I would say use your best educated judgment and do research. I myself prefer the sound of most paradigm speakers to B&W's in the same price class and I also used to sell B&W, Mostly for their more well rounded sound that seem to work well with various types of music. But it is all about your own ears and thoughts of what the speaker that would make you happy sounds like.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

I will also add that if you are only going to change your main speakers to Paradigm that from my experience in selling both that running paradigm and B&W together in the same home theater setup typically do not work very well, their sound characteristics are too different for them to be paired together in such a way. If I was to make the change I would make a total speaker system change to get the best results.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Thread Information