Forum Regular

Vienna Acoustics Webern and Bergs any Owners or Reviews out there

I've had them for a couple of years now but haven't bumped into anyone else whose got them. I'm slightly tone deaf however, my wife's hobby is Classical Piano playing(been taking lessons for 20 or so years now). I thought I was a blessed man the day she came home with a Bose Lifestyle 28 system, 5 weeks later she heard these VA's and fell in LOVE needless to say she returned the Bose and ordered the VA's I now sit in bliss.
    Pioneer Elite Pro-1540HD 60", PE VSX-84TXSiReceiver PE BDP-HD1 Bluray,PE PD-F27 301 CD Disc player 3-Vienna Acoustics Webern Speakers 2-VA Bergs for rear surrounds, 1-Martin Logan 12" Abyss Subwoofer Panamax M5300-EX Power Conditioner Dell XPS 420 Q9550 Quad core, 2.83 Ghz. 2-750 Gb Hard Drives, 512 mb nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card, 4 GB Ram, 16x DVD w/write, 2nd drive Bluray w/BD,DVD.CD write capability, ATI Digital TV Tuner w/remote.

Forum Regular

VA speakers

Quote Originally Posted by lucasskywalker1
    I've had them for a couple of years now but haven't bumped into anyone else whose got them. I'm slightly tone deaf however, my wife's hobby is Classical Piano playing(been taking lessons for 20 or so years now). I thought I was a blessed man the day she came home with a Bose Lifestyle 28 system, 5 weeks later she heard these VA's and fell in LOVE needless to say she returned the Bose and ordered the VA's I now sit in bliss.
    I am glad you like them. Since you like them, why are you interested in finding reviews?

Sumiko doesn't list any reviews on the Webern, and Audio Review does not have any consumer reviews for it--you could be the first!. However, Sound & Vision reviewed the Schoenberg series and they used a Webern for the center channel. They did measurements, which they do somewhat peculiarly for center channel speakers. You can find the measurements here:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/spe...er-system.html

Their curve for the Webern indicates a somewhat depressed upper midrange and lower treble, which I expect would result in a very pleasant sound. That is what I have heard with other VA speakers. I cannot determine much about the dispersion characteristics from the information they supply.

The VA speakers I have heard have not been my particular cup of tea but they are nice sounding and a lot of people seem to like them. Enjoy.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

nightflier
    I have 5 Weberns for my HT. Mounted on the walls. Awesome speakers for the money. It's hard to believe such a nice sounding speaker is actually made of aircraft-grade aluminum.

P.S. I dropped one, once, and while the wooden floor has an ugly dent in it, the speaker doesn't have a scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasskywalker1
    Good God man! All that gear and you say you're tone deaf. I wonder what you would have if you had really good hearing.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

It's just a hobby

Here's a review...

Here's a review for you. Hope you feel better now , I can see why your wife fell in love with these...good sound and decent styling in a single package...

It's a listening test, you do not need to see it to listen to it!

Thread Information