Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas

Noob, I suggest you read through some of these links. Especially note the dates of the threads:
    [/SIZE]
    Thank you, Rich
    Last edited by audio amateur; 12-12-2008 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Thank you, Rich
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. This forum at audioreview.com is reserved for discussions about cars, sports, remodeling projects and politics...not speakers. OK. Got it.

All you have to do is not reply. You saw the subject line. You saw the author's name. So don't open it. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    BIG

FVCKIN'

YAWN!

Noob, I suggest you read through some of these links. Especially note the dates of the threads:

Headphones

Maxell

Not worth it

What happened???

Do you agree?

Let's mix in a couple of individual quotes:

More links:

Compairing

Selling my speakers

100$ or less subs

Looking for affordable speakers

Got new speakers

Swiching tweeters in same boxes

Which to sell

Here's one that got locked after he started talking about his gay boyfriend. I'd have to say the last page was freakin' hilarious:

I decided

BX5a vs S26

I own now

M-Audio AV series monitors

All together

Here's another one that got locked due to more references to his boyfriend. This one was about... The Glove:

My Speakers

And on...

and on...

and on.

I think some of you crusaders for righteousness and fairness, especially the newer members here, should take a few minutes and read up on this clown and find out for yourself that he's a fvckin' troll, like I've already said...
    Over...

and over...

and over.

How sad.

SVI wouldn't have gone on and on with the continuing encouragement from all the other members.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    I did listen to the JBL L820 today and yes I do hear that the highs are much more realistic than my Monitor meaning the highs sounds more like real cymbals crashing. I' am not saying that my Monitor from the Venue Series speakers are bad speaker since they do sound really good and realistic but I think that the pure titanium dome tweeters give more lifelike highs that's all. Also I think that I can hear more of the low highs better on pure titanium dome tweeters that's maybe why the cymbals sounds more realistic. I did not get to hear the ES Series yet but I will soon since Nebraska Furniture Mart sells all of the ES series and the Studio L Series. I might bring my CD to listen to my music next time and listen to all of them and compair. I won't be able to afford them right now but maybe in the way future I might get them.

I listen to hear if I hear any highs coming out of the ultrahigh frequency drivers but it seems I don't hear much sound coming out of them. Very little highs come out of them. But maybe that's because humans can't hear above 20kHz. I can barely hear 18kHz but I can hear 17.5kHz very loud and clear. I really think though that it is pointless to add that ultrahigh frequency driver since I don't think anyone pretty much can hear it I mean I had to put my ears upto the driver to barely hear anything coming out of it. I think JBL should of just kept one driver for the highs like the Studio Series or the Venue Series since unless you have ears like dogs you can't hear anything above 20kHz.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. This forum at audioreview.com is reserved for discussions about cars, sports, remodeling projects and politics...not speakers. OK. Got it.
    In the off-topic forums, YES.

I believe you'd be in the same boat as us if you'd been around a bit longer.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    I did today listen to the ES Series and they yes do sound a little better than the Venue Series but they are really almost the same. The only difference I hear is that the ES Series has a little more natural sound but if I cover the ultrahigh it sounds exactly like the Venue Series speakers. I noticed that the ultrahigh driver barely makes sound but it seemed like it was playing lower high sounds for somereason when normaly it's suppose to be playing higher sounds than 20kHz. The titanium-laminated dome tweeters played the highs the most like the Venue Series. I did listen to the ES20 which is the speaker like my monitor and they do sound really alike but the ES20 sounds just a little bit better I think but they are pretty much the same speakers and I kinda think it's a waste to add that ultrahigh driver. But maybe that's why the highs sounded a little better since it added the lower high sound to it which I don't think it was suppose to do that. The Studio L Series tweeters was more powerful but maybe that's what you guys mean by brighter. I do see why you guys say that titanium-laminated dome tweeters is warm sound since it's not hard on your ears at all. The Studio L Series didn't hurt my ears eather but just had more realistic highs.

I took alot of my music and listen to the speakers so now I pretty much know how the ES Series and Studio L Series sound like.

Overall I think the Venue Series and the ES Series and Studio L Series are great speakers but the best I think is the Studio L Series since it has that pure titanium dome. But one problem is that they are soo expensive and I can't afford them. I can maybe only afford the ES20 since they are not extremely expensive. But Since there is only little different in the two I don't know if it's worth it. But I do like good sound so maybe when I have enough money I can get it.

I always been a big JBL fan so that's why I want JBL speakers.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Here's Your T-Shirt
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bah! mine was more fun....... boooring
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

now now people calm down

Hey Spanky,

Good to see you getting out and listening first hand. That's a good start. Maybe you'll get a chance to hear some more speakers soon. JBL is OK, but there are better available. Try not to get locked into one name brand. It limits your options. Listen to as many as you can, and save up before making another change. The ES and Studio L series' may be a little better, but not by much. If you are going to spend your money, you would be better off saving for a larger improvement instead of just a small one. Take your time. Go out, listen, and let us know what you think of each set you hear.

Mike
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information