AR Newbie Registered Member

Unplugged My Speakers While They Were On

I have a 30W Hewlet Packard 2.1 Speaker System.

I was replacing them in the house, so I had to unplug them from where they were plugged. I didn't notice that they were on when I unplugged them.

Is this generally unhealthy for the speaker, and what are the possibilities of unlugging speaker systems this way?

Thanks.

Why do I feel like I've seen this question before?

They should be fine, but I wouldn't make a habbit of doing that.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    You're safe this time. It's not like you tore the "Do Not Remove This Tag" off a pillow or something more serious.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I was wondering by the way, is there any problem with leaving surge protection multi-outlets inside the wall during an event that may cause a power surge in the house (like a thunderstorm), or should I leave the surge protection multi-outlets unplugged from the wall (when I'm not using them of course)?

Also, I was wondering, is there a type of home wiring system that protects against power surges/outages caused by weather? Or are power surges/outages likely to occur with any home wiring?

Sorry if my questions seem a lot. I was doing a little research and couldn't find the exact answers I was looking for.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

whole house surge protection

i believe there is such an animal. talk to an electrician. it actually seems like the right place to put the protection would be at the junction box to protect the entire house.
    ...regards...tr

Thread Information