AR Newbie Registered Member

TV effects due to my non-shielded speakers

I have a pair of B&Ws that are not shielded. so they obviously cause rainbows on both sides of my CRT TV. Iam now switching to DLP which is projection. WIll i see the same effect too?

Probably not.

Those "rainbows" are caused by the action of the speakers magnets on the electron beams in the CRT. ...or drugs, take your pick.

Seriously, without a CRT in the picture (pun intended), the problem should disappear.

AR Newbie Registered Member

speakers and magnetic interference and rainbows

You can have speakers as close to ANY DLP-powered device and you won't have any problems. DLP is the ONLY PURE digital imaging system (with the possible only inclusion being LCOS, but I think not), with NO D/A or A/D conversion. DLP is really an outstanding system for so many reasons, but its total disregard for magnetic fields, humidity (up to 90%), burn-in (completely impossible), and its mean time between pixel failures (the first dead pixel is usually around the 100,000th hour, or 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for well over 34 years), recommendation by most DLP-based TV and projector vendors for outdoor usage, shock-resistance (because of a TOTAL inability to come out of convergence attributed to a SINGLE-PANEL display)not to mention the immense contrast ratios and the INCREDIBLE picture quality...

Your DLP TV will not be adversely affected.

Thread Information