• 04-12-2004, 08:42 PM
    effrem
    Triangle Celius vs B&W 804 knock down drag out
    Greetings all,

I am currently building my system and have read a lot of good things about both the B&W 804 and the Triangle Celius. My question is simple - which to choose? I am going to be using a Creek 5350SE integrated amp, Harmonic Tech interconnects and a Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD player to drive the winner. I'm also open to any other suggestions for this particular set up. Thanks in advance!
  • 04-13-2004, 05:19 PM
    PhD Kid
    check out onix reference speakers at AV123.com. They compare very favorably to the above!
  • 04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
    paul_pci
    If I had a serious set up like yours, I'd definitely go for dynaudio speakers. I fell in love with them when I auditioned them recently. Just a thought.
  • 04-13-2004, 07:44 PM
    bturk667
    LET YOUR EARS DECIDE!!! With all due respect; why ask anybody? Are you building a system for us? Speakers are the most subjective component! You really need to listen to your ears. After all they are what you listen to music with.
  • 04-13-2004, 11:26 PM
    Bturk
    I think maybe you should just make that phrase as your signature that appears at every post to save time :D
  • 04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
    bturk667
    I think I may, I think I might! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • 07-05-2004, 09:12 AM
    GHeyser
    I own both a 5350 and the Celius 202's
    Quote:

Originally Posted by effrem
    Greetings all,

I am currently building my system and have read a lot of good things about both the B&W 804 and the Triangle Celius. My question is simple - which to choose? I am going to be using a Creek 5350SE integrated amp, Harmonic Tech interconnects and a Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD player to drive the winner. I'm also open to any other suggestions for this particular set up. Thanks in advance!

The 5350 is a wonderful sounding amp! I purchased the Celius 202 and ran them on three amps a Creek 5350 an Odyssey Stratos and a Jolida 1301. The Celius 202s were way to bright for me on all three amps. I then hooked the Celius up next to the Axiom T-60s and later the Snells using the AB switch on the Creek 5350 Amp. The Axiom and Snells both have better bass and they both are balanced much better than the Celius. The Celius push the mids and highs to produce a very rich sound. They were also lean in bass. Some people may like the rich sound of the Celius. I don’t like vocals on them at all. The sound stage and detail is wonderful but the tilted balance leaning heavy to the middle an upper frequencies is inconsistent with most speakers I have listened to. My wife who is a pianist also felt like the Celius was out of balance compared to the other two sets of speakers. Please note these were run for over 350 hours of break in. I experimented with the wiring and some tube rolling on my source to try soften them up without any significant results. There is nowhere to review the Celius on this site or I would give a more detail review.

George