AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking Technic Speakers - How to fix corners on cabinet

Hello

A few months ago i invest a mere $50 AU on a pair of beautiful floor standing technics speakers, and i matched them with high quality Jamo speaker cable, a very nice sound and bass, and sound seems well balanced, as I always like to hear all the sounds the music playback. They are around 3ft high (92cm), with 4 inch tweeter, 6.5 inch midrange and 12 inch woofer with vented rear port.

I have another pair of older technics speakers, they are closed and have a dome tweeter (richter brand) and horn midrange and 10 inch dia-ichi woofer.

Anyway, to my concern. I noticed that there are a few chips, and i noticed some lift of the veneer on those corners and the seal seems to be a little gapped. The pictures will explain what i mean. What glue or paint do you recommend to stop the process worsening?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards
    Sammy

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I'm not an expert but I would think a thin layer of wood putty (check to make sure it can be sanded and painted) to fill the cracks and reshape the corners. It looks like the speaker has a gloss to it and you might be able to use a small bottle of airplane/hobby paint. Possibly a nice wood laquer would also work. I would stay away from any type of spray paint because you probably won't be able to control the flow and could get paint where you don't want it.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the advice "the kid"
    Sounds like a good idea, i was thinking of wood glue, but putty sounds the go, coz they are great speaker cabinets and i want to keep them, it has glossy wood grain veneer finish. I rememeber the mess i made when i used spray paint in the garage with the other speakers, had paper spread out but the paint got on the cement still lolz .

Thread Information