r0n
    Forum Regular

Question braun ag frankfurt/m speakers

Any heard of braun ag frankfurt/m type lv1020 speakers? They are amplified. They are hooked into my McIntosh MX-113 preamp tuner. I'm sure they vintage speaker catagory.

Do any know year and where I can find information? They were given to me 7 years ago and never paid attention to them.

AR Newbie Registered Member

You have something special

The Braun tri-amps were on the market in the early 70's, handled through a very small number of dealers in the US. In proper working order, they are spectacular, with very flat, extended response, and excellent detail resolution, from ppp to ffff.

Being 30 years old now, they would definately benefit from replacing at least the electrolytic caps, which are sure to be leakers by now. They will also benefit by a better front end: sorry, your MX113 has a lovely tuner, but the preamp is nowhere near the transparency of the Brauns. I have always wanted to hear them driven by a tube preamp -- something like the VTL Deluxe, which has a low-impedence output designed for solid state amps.

If you ever want to sell them, please email me at bill@wway.us. I would love to have a pair of them again.

WW

Quote Originally Posted by r0n
    Any heard of braun ag frankfurt/m type lv1020 speakers? They are amplified. They are hooked into my McIntosh MX-113 preamp tuner. I'm sure they vintage speaker catagory.

Do any know year and where I can find information? They were given to me 7 years ago and never paid attention to them.

ADS/Braun 1020's

I am using a set of LV 1020's everyday and have been since I bought them in 1976. I also have the manuals, schematics for the amps as well. I had them reconed several years ago by ADS (when they were still in business).
    I use a Macintosh MX110 as a preamp and tuner which I have owned since the 1960’s along with an MC 225.
    I cannot say enough about these speakers, they have created the sound that I enjoy for all of these years. I have tried to upgrade many times over the years and have yet to find anything that has the definition, image and “sweet” sound this combination provides.
    I am willing to share the manuals and information I have with other owners and if that is of interest, post to this group with an email and I will reply.
    I hope others out there get as much pleasure from there audio equipment as I do.
    Audiooldguy

Please send me more about the schemetics

I have a sick (i.e. not working) LV 1020. It is in a local repair shop that wants/needs schematics to have any hope of fixing it.

My email address is graham@tasam.com

Their email address is service@maunzelectronics.com

I really love the 1020's. I recently tried to find a suitable replacement for them that I could afford; I am RETIRED now and wasn't when I paid $750 EACH for them in the 1970's.

I wish they still made them.

NEED this

I am a new user and needed this to set a subscription link to this trhead.

I am VERY nearsighted and can't see the screen (at least all of it) very well and didn't see the stuff about subscribing untill I had posted the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mlgraham
    I have a sick (i.e. not working) LV 1020. It is in a local repair shop that wants/needs schematics to have any hope of fixing it.
    The manual in PDF form is readily available online for $14.99. Look here.

Quote Originally Posted by mlgraham
    I really love the 1020's....I wish they still made them.
    I had a pair of white 1020s in the 70s myself. They were very nice sounding speakers, but the electronics were not the best. Active monitors are quite popular these days available from a range of companies.

rw

I have a pair of Braun LV1020s with blown 12" woofers (1 Peerless and 1 ADS). Anyone know where to find replacement or reconing kits for these woofers?

Forum Regular
    I just sold a mint pair of ADS/Braun L710's for $250. Should I have ask for more?

Thread Information