AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Are they timber matched?

I would appreciate your input regarding this.

I have a JBL S center speaker and JBL N38 main speakers. Since I moved to a bigger home I thought making a full home theater, by moving the N38s to the rear surround and buy new mains. I was considering JBL S310 but it is out of market now. So I have found good deal on Infinity Alpha50. So the question is, Alpha50 and JBL S center are timber matched?

Thank you
    Last edited by ashwats; 03-24-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Why don't you bring your JBLs into the dealer's demo room and try them out, or borrow them? Even though JBL and Infinity are both owned by Harman International, they are generally voiced differently. JBLs are typically a bit hotter in the highs and have more of a bump in the midbass than the Infinitys. The S-series was somewhat different from other JBL models and very well might be closer to the Infinity Alpha series. Like I said, just try it out and see for yourself if the match is adequate.

Forum Regular
    They are not timbre matched. IMO, this is a very important consideraton for setup of an HT system. I would try to stick with speakers that are.

Thread Information