surround fix with airstop

bought a brand used pair of speaks today. infinity RSa pair for 20 dollars. great deal fully functional....almost. i need to patch the foam surround. and im thinking ozark trail vinyl airstop. but im thinking will it eat up the foam? sure want to patch em up. i know, iknow, they cost very little why dont i just try it and find out with out any info. i dont know. other surround jobs ive seen have been quite shoddy to say the best. im sure i could do a good job of it but i dont want to take the time to do it for a while. so have you used this product for fixing surrounds? feed back much appreciated.

dont go this route. stuff shrinks when drying. then it starts warping. tears it up.
    jits really easy to refoam them. i thought it would be much harder. but no.i used supplied shims for alignment.

Forum Regular
    I second the motion on just completely replacing the foam surrounds. I just finished doing this for a friend and it turned out very nicely. The parts came from www.newfoam.com. I did both the woofers and midrange, so four drivers cost $60. The parts arrived in five days and the job wasn't difficult for anyone who is used to working with their hands.

The problem with a partial patch is the elasticity of the surround would no longer be uniform around the circumference of the cone. I think this falls in the category to either do it right or don't do it at all.

Thread Information