Forum Regular

Finally bought some new speakers

Been a while since I posted. Thanks to all who responded to my inquiries while I was shopping. Mostly I read other peoples related postings and questions which was quite helpful.

In the end I bought the Paradigm Studio 60's with centre channel and I have been quite happy. I will use them for music and home theatre but music is where they really seem to shine. I am running them with a Marantz sr5300.

The added bonus is that my wife has come to realize just what a difference good speakers can make and can't believe how much she is enjoying them. That's particularly validating considering how she mocked my efforts and expense in choosing speakers. She even prefers the look of the floorstanders for our theatre. Anyhow, she's a believer now.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by shaemus
    Been a while since I posted. Thanks to all who responded to my inquiries while I was shopping. Mostly I read other peoples related postings and questions which was quite helpful.

In the end I bought the Paradigm Studio 60's with centre channel and I have been quite happy. I will use them for music and home theatre but music is where they really seem to shine. I am running them with a Marantz sr5300.

The added bonus is that my wife has come to realize just what a difference good speakers can make and can't believe how much she is enjoying them. That's particularly validating considering how she mocked my efforts and expense in choosing speakers. She even prefers the look of the floorstanders for our theatre. Anyhow, she's a believer now.

Thanks again.
    Congrat ,funny how the wife are to audio .Mine complains and after tell people how she likes it.Bought a new SACD/DVD-A ,multi disc ,multi -channel player and she freak some but now she came around.Now I bought a power conditioner and I have to make her a beleiver .She did notice the cable reception is better .I aways buy my speaker on sale and components and this help in my corner.I have a few Paradigm product and are great.Have fun and enjoy.

Thread Information