Thread: speakers

rod
    Forum Regular

speakers

! have a pair of jbl control 1 and 2 which I would like to use for my back surround as my front and center are jbl, but they are 4 ohm and my reciever recomends 8 omh or higher, was wondering if I could run some 4 ohm resisters inline to present an 8 ohm load to the reciever?

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Smile

I use to have the orginal Control 1's but when I had them I hooked them up to a 8 ohms amp and they worked fine. Nothin happened I had them hooked for like 3 years on the same amp. Just dont hook other speakers to the same amp with it since it might overload.

Thumbs up

I remember I had the same worry about if I can hook up a 4 ohms speaker to a 8 ohms amp. But I found out if works fine. But I dont recommend hooking other speakers to the same amp since it might over heat. But as I said it might over heat I dont mean it will. I only had a pair of JBL Control 1 since I listenin to music only with them. Oh btw I even had a pair of Alesis Point 7's that were 4 ohms too and they worked fine too with a 8 ohms rated receiver. Even I played it very loud it worked fine.

If you want to make sure that the amp doesnt over heat when hooking other speakers with the same amp and if you love the sound of the control 1's like I did then get the Control 1X since they are 8 ohms and really sound close to the orginal control 1's beleve me since I had them both. I still have the Control 1X now.

Thread Information