ROJ
    Forum Regular

Jetsons/BK/psonic

Hi Jetsons, BK and psonic,

I want to thank you again for your advice in helping me pick new speakers and an amp at a reasonable price. I received my new Dynaudio Audience 52s and 42C, and a Rotel RMB-1075 today. The speakers sound fantastic. I'm sure I'll probably get the upgrade bug again some time soon and will want to replace my receiver with a pre-amp. But for now, my system sounds great.

Thanks,
    -ROJ

sure, glad to hear! btw, I noticed you have a denon dvd player & a denon cd...how do they compare in CD sound? I'm curious because I am using a denon dvd now...

ROJ
    Forum Regular

Denon products?

Hi psonic,

I wish I could help, but I don't have any Denon products. I use a Panasonic
    DVD player to play DVDs and CDs.

-ROJ

My mistake ROJ, I confused you with another gentleman who wanted advise on a speaker purchase for B&W 700's I believe. Let me update you on my recent experience. My gear is Boston CR9, NAD 304 integrated and Denon DVD-900...I just ordered a rotel integrated as I'm tired of having no remote. But recently I moved my panasonic DVD player to the bedroom for a progressive scan Denon with DCDi and Burr Brown audio DACs, and the improvement has been big. The CD sound is much more open, the highs are more extended, and rich deep soundstage now. I never realized how important the CD player is, and with your gear you could benefit even more than I did from a quality player. (although I do not know if you are using a high-end Panasonic or mainstream as I was) At the least its probably worth an audition.

ROJ
    Forum Regular

CD players

Hi psonic,

My brother and I were just talking about how a new cd player could potentially improve my system. He has an entry level system with Paradigm Titans and a Sony receiver. He also noticed an improvement in sound when he went from a mainstream DVD player to an entry level CD player. Right now I have a mainstream Panasonic DVD player. For my next upgrade, I was planning on replacing my interconnects and speakers cables (Monster and Acoustic Research) with entry level Transparent Audio, Tara Labs, or QED cables. But, I think I may focus on auditioning CD players next. Can you recommend any affordable CD players? Have you had any experience with the entry level Cambridge Audio, NAD, or Marantz cd players? Do you know how they would compare to Denon cd players?.

Again, thank you for your help. Good luck with your new Rotel integrated.

-ROJ

I have limited space in my audio area, so I got a Rotel integrated & Denon DVD-900, and the denon (dual burr brown dacs) sounds far better than my panasonic which has been moved to bedroom duty. From what I have read the Denons are some of the best for the buck in playing both DVD & CD, and that is what I required, though I am sure the other names are excellent too. I also like the black aluminum face of the Denons, opposed to the NAD look, it matched perfectly with the Rotel. If interested in Denon the DVD-1600 (or 1200 now) is supposed to sound excellent and plays dvd-audio, one reviewer on this site states that it rivals his NAD CD. If you want a dedicated CD player, those are the names I'd look at. Also, if you are using your optical in to play CD, it may sound decent due to the Denon dacs. A home audition may be the answer...

Thread Information