Forum Regular

Which Sub to Choose?....

I am in the mist of purchasing a sub for my HT. However, I am stuck at a crossroad. I am looking at the Velodyne CHT 12" or 15", SVS PB1-ISD and the HSU VTF-2. All are pretty much the same price, however the Velodyne is the only one that I can actually listen to before purchasing. I have read tons of helpful reviews on all three units, however they really dont mean **** if you cant actually listen for yourself!..imo. I would greatly appreciate all the helpful replies. Thank you all in advance.

Forum Regular
    I'd rank both the SVS and HSU above the Velodyne as the CHT isn't known as their best model. I've got the SVS 20-39CSi and can say it is a phenominal sub, one which I haven't ever regreted purchasing. (However, my VMPS Large Subwoofer, an older version of the VMPS New Original Subwoofer, is tighter on music and a little more powerful for HT. That being said, it is almost 9 years old and I bought it for $182.50 delivered off eBay.) The HSU is another excellent sub, one which is among the best. Doubtful you could go wrong with either the SVS or HSU. As the HSU is almost $100 cheaper that probably would be the way to go.

Forum Regular

Question easily confused

Quote Originally Posted by myun01
    I am in the mist of purchasing a sub for my HT. However, I am stuck at a crossroad. I am looking at the Velodyne CHT 12" or 15", SVS PB1-ISD and the HSU VTF-2. All are pretty much the same price, however the Velodyne is the only one that I can actually listen to before purchasing. I have read tons of helpful reviews on all three units, however they really dont mean **** if you cant actually listen for yourself!..imo. I would greatly appreciate all the helpful replies. Thank you all in advance.
    Myun - just wondering why asking for replies on others experience on listening to these subs, when in fact you state:

I have read tons of helpful reviews on all three units, however they really dont mean **** if you cant actually listen for yourself!..imo
    So of what value do you expect to get from any replies ?
    How will you apply any replies to help you get passed you crossroad ?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thread Information