Forum Regular

Wharfedale speakers

Since I have no dealer close to me, what other brands would you compare these speakers to? I am specifically looking at the Evo 8 or 10's. I can find the Diamond Series for sale online but am having difficulty finding the Evos. I am assuming they are a step above the Diamond series, am I correct? Also, could someone tell me what I would expect to pay for a pair of both the 8's and 10's.

You can get the address of your closest retailer / dealer from www.wharfedale.co.uk

The Evos are definitely more than a step above the diamonds, but they do cost twice as much... I am using the Evo-30s for a year now and im very happy with them.

If you need to know anything specific lemme know.

cheers

Forum Regular

Heres a link with the Evos.....

Forum Regular
    There is a MAJOR sound difference between the Evo 8's and the 10's. Go with the 10's over the 8's. Bass response is dramatically improved...

Forum Regular
    But if I could find a pair of Evo 8's for under $200, should I buy them? I have no idea what they're worth.

Forum Regular
    Ahhhhh, I see. Evo10's go for around $475, while the EVO 8's go for around $299.

While both speakers use the same silk dome tweeter, the 8's woofer is a 5" unit while the 10 is a 6.5".

Buying them is gonna depend on if you like the sound or not. I found the bass on the 8's lacking, but useful as surround channels...

Lightbulb Why not check out the diamond range floorstanders instead?

Quote Originally Posted by twwesn
    But if I could find a pair of Evo 8's for under $200, should I buy them? I have no idea what they're worth.
    If you have the space i think you should go in for floorstanders.. look at the wharfedale diamond range instead...
    Have you even listened to the Evo8s??? If you like the sound and are happy with the bass then go ahead... but dont listen to any sales person who tells u that the bass is gonna explode once it gets "broken in"... load of (c)r@p
    The Diamond range offers better value for money....

cheers

Thread Information