Forum Regular

$3000 boombox in da house!

0-100dbs in one second - Meridian/Ferarri F80 (110-120v)

Forum Regular

Rear view of audiophile ghetto blaster

This 80 watts per channel beast with built-in subwoofer is not portable unless you've got a very long extension cord. I'm babysitting it today while it's owners attend the Master's. I understand the price has dropped to $2200 on Amazon as Ferrari doesn't want their logo on it anymore. It sounds pretty good, sorta like my old Wave radio on steroids. Does it compete with a good t-amp and Parts Express speakers? Not in my book. Please explain why there's a market for this animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    This 80 watts per channel beast with built-in subwoofer is not portable unless you've got a very long extension cord. I'm babysitting it today while it's owners attend the Master's. I understand the price has dropped to $2200 on Amazon as Ferrari doesn't want their logo on it anymore. It sounds pretty good, sorta like my old Wave radio on steroids. Does it compete with a good t-amp and Parts Express speakers? Not in my book. Please explain why there's a market for this animal?

There's a sucker born every day.

Forum Regular
    Bill, I read some consumer reviews of The Meridian F80 on Amazon. One guy said he planned to buy one for each room. Some folks have more dollars than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    Bill, I read some consumer reviews of The Meridian F80 on Amazon. One guy said he planned to buy one for each room. Some folks have more dollars than sense.
    Well, what's the gold standard after all? Let's say you're a person who thinks it's the Bose Wave Music System ...

Suspended
    When I was in Harrods in London, they were selling little kids bikes with training wheels for around $1400,

Yep, they were Ferrari bicycles.

Forum Regular
    beast!

Thread Information