Speakers of unkown origin

Printable View

• 03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
    BUD
    Speakers of unkown origin
    Hello everyone, I am new to your site and I have a question.
    I have a pair of speakers I have had for probably 30 years and
    they sound great, very rich and full. The only identification is a
    small badge on the grills that reads Heritage Speaker System.
    They have a 12" (2) 5" mid and a 4" hi. they are16" wide and
    29" tall. They have a reset built in. Brown grills and a walnut
    finish. Any ideas what these are? Thanks, Bud
  • 03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
    Hyfi
    A picture might help but they could be Klipsh
  • 03-11-2015, 03:13 PM
    Billiam62
    Yeah, that is Klipsch. Probably the Heresy's. I owned those for about a decade from 1983 to 1992.
  • 03-11-2015, 07:17 PM
    bfalls
    Are the 4" and 5" horns? The Heresy has a 12" woofer, 1" compression tweeter and 1.75" compression mid, but the specs don't mention the size of the driver's horns.
  • 03-12-2015, 04:15 PM
    Billiam62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bfalls View Post
    Are the 4" and 5" horns? The Heresy has a 12" woofer, 1" compression tweeter and 1.75" compression mid, but the specs don't mention the size of the driver's horns.

Can't remember. Too long ago. Bright sounding speaker though due to the horn.
  • 03-16-2015, 03:09 AM
    Harybald
    I still have not gotten around to buying another pair of speakers yet thanks to spending thousands on car repairs and also losing a lot of money in lost wages due to the downtime from the car repairs. In light of this, I am thinking that spending $200 to $300 on a DIY kit may result in a better listening experience than I can get for the same price in a pair of commercial speakers. They claim that even these basic kits will sound like a commercial pair of speakers costing two to three times the cost of the kit.
  • 03-17-2015, 02:41 AM
    Billiam62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harybald View Post
    I still have not gotten around to buying another pair of speakers yet thanks to spending thousands on car repairs and also losing a lot of money in lost wages due to the downtime from the car repairs. In light of this, I am thinking that spending $200 to $300 on a DIY kit may result in a better listening experience than I can get for the same price in a pair of commercial speakers. They claim that even these basic kits will sound like a commercial pair of speakers costing two to three times the cost of the kit.

Looks like a copy of a post I made. :-) Found a kit I plan to purchase later this year and then build. But right now shopping for a pair of commercial grade speakers as well since I will have two stereo systems for two separate rooms.

Back to the Heresy's. Bud. If you use them be aware they are a bright sounding speaker and placement is difficult to get them to sound right.