Ajani

Zu Audio Prices???

I just checked out Zu Audio's new website and saw a new range of products, seems they've scrapped most of the older models...

http://www.zuaudio.com/

The Omen line now has a Bookshelf, and 2 towers... and they are set to launch a flagship speaker called the Dominance...

All well and good, but what the ... is up with the prices???

EDIT: The prices below appear to be the prices for foreign customers

The Omen is now $2K!!!! The Omen Bookshelf is $1169 (so $169 more than the intro price for the Omen TOWER). The Soul is up to $2,500 (previously $1,800)...

Oh and the flagship, Dominance, will cost a measly $40K
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-20-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Forum Regular
    I just checked the site and the Omen is still $1500 but shipping which is around $100 is now free.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    I just checked the site and the Omen is still $1500 but shipping which is around $100 is now free.
    HUH???

When I click this link to the Omen page, I get $1,950 as the price:

http://www.zuaudio.com/store/omen/standard/Default.aspx

Let me know if when you click it you still get $1,500... Perhaps it is that their website recognizes my foreign IP address and it listing the foreign price... (though the website specifically says that all prices are valid to US customers only)... So perhaps it is just the website in need of repairs....
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-19-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Forum Regular
    Your link shows the price as $1500. Can't imagine a higher price for those outside the US except for shipping.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    Your link shows the price as $1500. Can't imagine a higher price for those outside the US except for shipping.
    Yep, the old website used to show the US price and then the foreign price (which included shipping)...

Looks like the new website shows the foreign prices (if you have a foreign IP address), but they really should make that clear on the site...

$450 for shipping the Omens to Jamaica is actually a good price... That's about what it would cost to ship a pair of monitors... Towers tend to run closer to $1K...
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Yep, the old website used to show the US price and then the foreign price (which included shipping)...

Looks like the new website shows the foreign prices (if you have a foreign IP address), but they really should make that clear on the site...

$450 for shipping the Omens to Jamaica is actually a goop price... That's about what it would cost to ship a pair of monitors... Towers tend to run closer to $1K...
    Your in Jamaica?

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Your in Jamaica?
    Yep...

That is cool! I've been to Jamaica once. My father-by-law (adoption) married a lady from Jamaica after he and my mother split. So I went there for about 2 weeks when I was in my early teens. Got to eat some fantastic fried fish in the country side and got to eat raw beef on the side of a road while zipping across the land in a rally car. (their family sport is rally)

Thread Information