Speaker Upgrade

Printable View

• 05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
    likeitloud
    Speaker Upgrade
    I'm new here guys, I've learned so much studying this web site I had to Jump in.
    I'm upgrading my system from a 8 year old sony 5.1 box system, to a more challenging
    and nicer system. After many listing sesssions, I settle on a pioneer vsz1015-s, jbl
    j2080(has anyone heard these) jbl e-30(rear) jbl sub, bose vcs-10(center) bose 161
    (thx "back" channel). I know this is'nt a super high end speaker system, I am on a
    limited budget. All this gear was on ebay. Any thoughts are appreciated. Tks.
  • 05-29-2006, 06:02 AM
    shokhead
    No bose and try to stay with same brand across the front. If funds are limited i'd buy better speakers and just get mains for now and then save and add the others latter.
  • 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM
    N. Abstentia
    Definitely avoid the Bose junk.
  • 05-29-2006, 01:56 PM
    audio_dude
    yup, bose suck for anybody that has ever the tiniest audio experience, although, if ur an audio idiot, and have loads of money, then MANYBE, just MAYBE would bose be...ughn...can't say it.....too..hard......vision bluring....oooo.......**THUD**
  • 05-30-2006, 02:52 AM
    likeitloud
    Not Crazy
    Man, I love your threads. I'll stick with JBL's all around. Tks.
  • 05-30-2006, 02:55 AM
    likeitloud
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shokhead
    No bose and try to stay with same brand across the front. If funds are limited i'd buy better speakers and just get mains for now and then save and add the others latter.

Thanks for the info(again), I'll stick to JBL'S all around.