• 11-03-2006, 09:13 AM
    tbeale@yahoo.com
    Speaker suggestions for Sony STR-DA3200ES
    I recently purchased a Sony STR-DA3200ES receiver and would like some guidance on speakers to purchase for a 5.1 surround sound. Although I’m willing to learn, I’m an audio newbie and most of the terms are new to me. I am trying to avoid making the mistake of buying speakers that won’t make the most of the receiver or were intended for older technology receivers. Types of speakers to avoid or specific speaker suggestions would be helpful.
  • 11-03-2006, 09:21 AM
    basite
    welcome to the forums,
    to help you, we could use some more information like your budget, room size, do you want floorstanders or bookshelf speakers, did you have something in mind for the moment, do you want to buy all the speakers at once or do you want to build up?

to give you some general information: you can't go wrong with bigger brands like b&w, paradigm, wharfedale, ... don't end up with speakers from pioneer or sony or other mass brands, they may produce reasonable receivers, but most of their speakers suck...

Greetings,
    Basite
  • 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
    JoeE SP9
    basite is correct about speakers from the mass brands. Companies that specialize in speakers produce products that make the offerings from Pioneer, Sony etc. sound like crap. Above all stay away from any Bose products. They are worse than those from Sony or Pioneer.:ihih:
  • 11-17-2006, 09:30 AM
    Mark of Cenla
    I like Polk and Boston Acoustics, but that's just me. Good luck.
  • 11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
    audio_dude
    ya, more info needed, and i'll second what the others have said, and i'll add klipch