AR Newbie Registered Member

B&W 602's to 604's

I currently have the 602's and I am thinking about switching to the 604's. I think I just want some more bass using 2 channel audio. Does anyone have any experience with the 604's? Thank You

George

Forum Regular

It's been a while...

Quote Originally Posted by gotj1
    I currently have the 602's and I am thinking about switching to the 604's. I think I just want some more bass using 2 channel audio. Does anyone have any experience with the 604's? Thank You

George
    ...since I have heard them, but only you can decide (I know, I know - a generic answer) if the x-tra cost is worth it. Are you going to get 100% from the 2s to trade up? Can you sit far enough away for the drivers to "gel"? A lot of times floorstanders introduce other problems. Cabinet resonances, placement problems, cats, kids, etc.

Have you thought of a quality sub? I used to be a non-believer, but my REL blends beautifully... I actually LIKE the idea a sat/sub now - more placement options and adjustments available. Some say a sub won't sound coherent... I dunno... the extra bass simply attaches itself to the instrument within the soundstage... "fleshes out" instuments and voices. Sometimes redundant, but useful and necessary for some CDs/LPs. No lagging at all, but of course you must use it judiciously (sp?).

If the 4s are the best you've heard in that price range, blah, blah... go for them! To me, a sub might be a bit more versatile, especially when thinking "down the road".

Now... if I wasn't so friggin' cheap and just spring for the Revel B15... Actually, I'm happy with my Strata III for the money.

That's my babbling $.02, keep us informed!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Actually I do have the matching sub. The ASW600, I think I have it running for home theater. I am trying to figure out how to run it while in 2 channel. Though I think it would probably be a good idea to incorporate the sub more. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy C
    ...since I have heard them, but only you can decide (I know, I know - a generic answer) if the x-tra cost is worth it. Are you going to get 100% from the 2s to trade up? Can you sit far enough away for the drivers to "gel"? A lot of times floorstanders introduce other problems. Cabinet resonances, placement problems, cats, kids, etc.

Have you thought of a quality sub? I used to be a non-believer, but my REL blends beautifully... I actually LIKE the idea a sat/sub now - more placement options and adjustments available. Some say a sub won't sound coherent... I dunno... the extra bass simply attaches itself to the instrument within the soundstage... "fleshes out" instuments and voices. Sometimes redundant, but useful and necessary for some CDs/LPs. No lagging at all, but of course you must use it judiciously (sp?).

If the 4s are the best you've heard in that price range, blah, blah... go for them! To me, a sub might be a bit more versatile, especially when thinking "down the road".

Now... if I wasn't so friggin' cheap and just spring for the Revel B15... Actually, I'm happy with my Strata III for the money.

That's my babbling $.02, keep us informed!

Thread Information