Forum Regular

BC Acoustique A-1 speakers

I listened to a pair of these last week, and I thought they sounded amazing. Crystal clear with "lighter" music, but still full sounding with rock, and solid base. I have a chance to buy a pair of demos for $1790, and I get to audition them in my house before buying.

Can anyone give me their 2 cents on the A-1s specifically and BC Acoustique in general? I do trust my own ears but would still like to hear from others. Thanks.

Forum Regular
    Anybody have these or know of them? http://www.bc-acoustique.com/index_en.html

I'd really like to hear some feedback from those who have experience or knowledge of these speakers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahog12
    Anybody have these or know of them? http://www.bc-acoustique.com/index_en.html

I'd really like to hear some feedback from those who have experience or knowledge of these speakers. Thanks.
    I've never heard them, but I do see them in various Audio magazines and they do get great reviews. Trust your ears...you cant get any better than that.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

BC is well known (at least in Europe/France) but I have no experience with them.

Forum Regular
    Okee Doke. Those I heard were really sweet. Not cheap, though.

Forum Regular
    I see that the speakers I'm considering are 4 ohm speakers. My amp is 100W at 8 ohms and stated on the back is a message "Minimum 6 ohm/speaker". I'm no electrical genius, I admit. Someone has told me that I have nothing to worry about, but I've read that impedance mismatches can cause problems including less than optimum sound quality. Can someone tell me if I should stick with 8 or 6 ohm speakers? My amp is just 2 channels and I only play one pair of speakers at a time. Thanks.

Charm Thai™
    Really depends on the amp...what kind do you have?

Forum Regular
    It's old and it's probably not up to speed with what many people in here have. It's a Yamaha AX-570 that I've had for almost 20 years.

Forum Regular
    Still looking for help on the amp-speaker impedance question. Thanks.

My guess is, the amp will run a little hot but as long as you don't push the volume levels too high then you'll be ok.

Thread Information