Forum Regular

speaker posts and cross-over?

Hi I just got a used pair of KEF C-40s and one arrived with one speaker post broken. Is there an easy way to fix that? I opened up the box by taking the bottom woofer out and pulling back the "stuffing" and there is a cross over i presume on the other side where the speaker posts must enter the speaker. Could someone please explain what i am looking at and if this is something a DIY can fix? Much appreciated.
    speaker posts and cross-over?-img_1686.jpgspeaker posts and cross-over?-img_1688.jpgspeaker posts and cross-over?-img_1690.jpg

Kursun
    It should be a fairly easy job replacing both posts with posts similar to those:
    2pair Speaker Banana Terminal Long Binding Post RBL Ct I | eBay

You should take out the existing posts and examine them of course before ordering new ones.

Forum Regular
    Kursun, thank you for your reply. It may seem obvious but I've never fixed a speaker post before. I really appreciate the link

Kursun
    On the bright side it seems you do not need any soldering iron.
    Just be sure to note the polarity (+/-) of the corresponding terminals on the circuit board. Black post to (-) and red post to (+) terminal on board… I can see a (+) on the board…

Take out the black post and take note of its diameter and length of its screw.
    (Its diameter should be fairly standard. But its length should not be shorter than the back panel + ~ 10-15 mm. It can be a little longer)
    Good luck.

Forum Regular
    Thanks for insight Kursun. I just got the posts out today ... ordered the ones you suggested and now can't wait to get this pair back in stereo! i noticed on the one speaker the mids and highs are tight and very revealing.

Thread Information