Strategies on cleaning speaker grill cloth

Greetings All, I have a matched trio of Mirage M-si series speakers, specifically the M3-Si, M5-Si and M7-Si. I have the M3-Si as my mains, the M5-Si as my surrounds and the M7-Si as the back pair. Over the years the grill cloths have picked up dust, dirt and even a little oil (when my wife touched the cloth after using baby oil on the baby). The grill cloths on the Mirages is tempermental at best, and from the reviews I have read, removing the cloths is not recommended. The grill material is like a sock that has a string at each end. The top and bottom end caps go over the ends of the socks. So, without removing the socks and enduring the aformentioned nightmare of trying to get them back on, what is the best way to clean them? Yes I have used the vaccum, but I don't see any noticable improvement. I was thinking of spraying whem with a solution of water and using a wet / dry vac to extract the moisture, and following up with water and black fabric dye, but I am really NOT sure.
    Any other ideas out there?
    Thanks for the suggestions!!
    Dwayne

Forum Regular

re:Strategies on cleaning speaker grill cloth

hallo

Forum Regular
    i usually just use a can of compressed air

Forum Regular
    I very gently use a lint roller. Works very well without compromising the integrity of the cloth.

Thread Information