Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suspended

Cool Speaker Cabinet and Chasis Dampening.....BIG IMPROVEMENT !

This is a very cheap way to get that big improvement and you really have to hear this to believe it! I put a five pound weight on my satellite receiver and two five pound weights on my stereo receiver and three sand pebbles ceramic tiles on top of each speaker (I stacked the tiles on top of each other) You can now fine tune the sound of your stereo system to your liking now! Just start my moving the weights and tiles around in different spots until you get the sound you like best......this does take a lot of time to get the sound to your liking. It's better if you have one person moving the weights around while your listening to your music......believe me, your going to know it when you find those magic spots! When you get it right....it's like listening to LIVE MUSIC! Now the magic weight may not be five pounds for everybody....it might be more or less, it's the same with the tiles too.....you might like the sound with only two tiles or some will like it with more.....but when you get it right your going to be AMAZED at the improvement! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL !

3db
    Forum Regular

Can we ban this guy from posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundideas
    This is a very cheap way to get that big improvement and you really have to hear this to believe it! I put a five pound weight on my satellite receiver and two five pound weights on my stereo receiver and three sand pebbles ceramic tiles on top of each speaker (I stacked the tiles on top of each other) You can now fine tune the sound of your stereo system to your liking now! Just start my moving the weights and tiles around in different spots until you get the sound you like best......this does take a lot of time to get the sound to your liking. It's better if you have one person moving the weights around while your listening to your music......believe me, your going to know it when you find those magic spots! When you get it right....it's like listening to LIVE MUSIC! Now the magic weight may not be five pounds for everybody....it might be more or less, it's the same with the tiles too.....you might like the sound with only two tiles or some will like it with more.....but when you get it right your going to be AMAZED at the improvement! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL !
    snakeoil BS clearly put here to waste server space .

Suspended

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    snakeoil BS clearly put here to waste server space .
    This is no SNAKE OIL ! This really works! TRY IT AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON ALL THIS TIME ! I WOULD BET THE FARM ON THIS ONE !

Oh my! This was great reading. You sure know how to make a guy laugh. Now who are you, really? Come on. Do I need to break out my dead cat again?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Oh my! This was great reading. You sure know how to make a guy laugh. Now who are you, really? Come on. Do I need to break out my dead cat again?
    This so good that it will have that dead cat of your's speaking in tongues! The size of these sand pebbles tiles are about 8 inches by 8 inches and are about 1/4 of of inch thick and are outdoor tiles......they are rustic like in color.......I already had people E-mailing me saying that they can not find these sand pebbles tiles anywhere ( I have this on other forums too) so your have contact Alex from www.mihorn.com and find out where he got his at....I had some left over from 13 years ago.....they might be hard to find today
    Last edited by Soundideas; 11-24-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Regular
    Isn't this the same moron who buys speakers out of the back of the famous "white vans"?

Quote Originally Posted by calegrant
    Isn't this the same moron who buys speakers out of the back of the famous "white vans"?
    He has got to be one of the regulars posting under this name to stir things up. Gotta be it. Gottabe!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Gotta be. Nobody is really that stupid.

So give yourself up...who are you?!!?!?

Pat
    Forum Regular
    He is a salesman that much is clear.

If you would like to try some tile on the cheap go to your local Home Store and find ceramic, vinyl, or porcelein tile very cheap for anywhere from $1.00 to $10.00 per tile.

I guess the tweak he has mentioned has to do with simple isolation, coupling, de-coupling which can be done with very inexpensive material available at the local hardware store.
    Have a good day.....Sez' Pat
    Denon 685 Receiver & 2900 Player, Sonographe 120 Amp, Klipsch RF7 Speakers, 2039+ svs Sub, 10gauge solid core copper cables

[QUOTE=Pat] He is a salesman that much is clear.

/QUOTE]

That's what I thought at first too. Try this, try that. But now he's basicly saying that if we go out and get pet rocks and place them on our amps and speakers everything will sound so much better.

He's got to be a regular who's bored and want's to stir us up. Kinda like a fireman who starts fires to be in on the action. We had a couple of those in this area a few years back. The thing that got them cought was that they always showed up at the fires before anyone else.

So let's go back and see who is the first reply to each of his threads. My money says that's who the culprit is. Most likely, they are the hardest on him as well.

Ut oh, it looks like it's me. But it's not. Really.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Some of his ideas sound like they are out of the Mapleshade catalog. They advocate weights on components and check out their free tweaks, interesting. They also recomend placing small speakers close to the floor and angled up to the listener. Of course that will reinforce the bass.

By the way GMichael I would think your avatar would be missing its head the day after Thanksgiving.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Some of his ideas sound like they are out of the Mapleshade catalog. They advocate weights on components and check out their free tweaks, interesting. They also recomend placing small speakers close to the floor and angled up to the listener. Of course that will reinforce the bass.

By the way GMichael I would think your avatar would be missing its head the day after Thanksgiving.
    Uhg. He got a pardon. I like his long neck.

Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Here ya go.

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! What did you do to Fred?

Fred! Speak to me! Are you OK?

Oh the horror! You raise a pet from a baby egg to be a part of your family for what? A few drum sticks?

Who wants sandwiches?

Suspended

Cool

Just talking about this tweak is NOT going to get you anywhere You people are missing out on something BBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!

He's right. I put my bowling bag (complete with 2 16lb balls) on top of my sub. Now it shakes the whole house like no one's business. Now I'm going to try a bucket of water on top of my receiver. Hope this thing doesn't leak.

Forum Regular
    When my relatives come for a visit i get each one of them to sit on a speaker and the nephew to sit on the dvd player and it does sound alot better. if only i could get them to shut up during movies....

Pat
    Forum Regular
    Hey Soundideas,
    I bet my tile from the homestore is a lot cheaper than your "sand pebble" tile..........
    Denon 685 Receiver & 2900 Player, Sonographe 120 Amp, Klipsch RF7 Speakers, 2039+ svs Sub, 10gauge solid core copper cables

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    He's right. I put my bowling bag (complete with 2 16lb balls) on top of my sub. Now it shakes the whole house like no one's business. Now I'm going to try a bucket of water on top of my receiver. Hope this thing doesn't leak.
    Someone on another forum told me that he tried this tweak on his sub woofer and his bass is very smooth with better depth now .......he used 40 pounds of weight on his sub I BET that after you tried this tweak you will NOT make FUN of it THEN !

Quote Originally Posted by Soundideas
    Someone on another forum told me that he tried this tweak on his sub woofer and his bass is very smooth with better depth now .......he used 40 pounds of weight on his sub I BET that after you tried this tweak you will NOT make FUN of it THEN !
    Who's making fun? This is great. But now I'll have to watch all my DVD's over again. I put cinder blocks on each tower too. I even tought my cat to sleep on the DVD player. Now the colors are so much brighter that you wouldn't believe it. You've got to try this. And the best part is that it's all free.

Forum Regular
    How bout we just chop Soundideas up into little pieces, put him in plastic bags and put him onto ours speakers. Then we wouldn't have to pay for those stones.

Pat
    Forum Regular
    Some pushy salesmen deserve that kind of treatment.

Hey SI,
    I bet you would have better luck if you came to a forum and talked like a human being, nice to people and helped them with their problems. Then as time goes on let people know what products you sell and you could build a relationship with the members. If you jump into a forum with both feet shouting "buy this" "buy this" you will drive everyone away and actually create enemies just by being too pushy.

..........I love the headless Turkey

Or buy a speaker that doesnt have a box in the first place.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information