Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ah damn i hit the wrong key....LOL now i look stupid.

I meant "dumbest"...... nevermind now
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Thanks guys. This thread is just what the doctor ordered.

SVI, I think that you should keep the speakers you have now. The others are not an improvement. Keep saving until you have enough for a big change in sound. Otherwise you'll just need to upgrade over and over. JBL is OK, but there are many that are better. Be patient and wait until you've had a chance to listen to as many speakers as you can before making a purchase. No need to be in a rush. That just leads to mistakes.
    And please, no more alter egos. One SVI is unique. 2 SVI's is redundant.

Everyone else, great stuff. Funny as h.ll.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Holy carpola!!!

...if there ever was a time to use this it's now...

He doesn't get it...

He hasn't gotten it here...

He hasn't gotten it over at Home Theater Forums (where his nom d'QWERTY is Admmccl) and he's been asking the same inane questions...

He'll never get it...

In fact he wouldn't get "it" if "it" were sitting on his kitchen table in a big brown bag marked "IT"...

And BTW...SVI/ Dallas/Adam/Hookalakah Meshhobab or whatever you call yourself, how do you have the Kenwood EQ hooked up to your Pioneer? And if you are really using an MD player as your source, why bother worrying about speakers or receivers or equalizers?

Cuz it don't matter...

jimHJJ(...I agree w/ markw, he's just looking for validation not advice...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Y'all are idiots for trying to educate him. Haven't you noticed his MO yet? Everything he does and says is an attempt to keep the conversation going -- doesn't care whether the conversation actually gets anywhere or not, just needs the attention.

Kinda like a child.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Y'all are idiots for trying to educate him. Haven't you noticed his MO yet? Everything he does and says is an attempt to keep the conversation going -- doesn't care whether the conversation actually gets anywhere or not, just needs the attention.

Kinda like a child.
    OK, I may be a child in an old man's body, but I'm not an idiot. You take that back.

He's very immature. He's got an education but hasn't grown up yet. He may never get common sense, but who else could get this many replies in just a few days.
    I feel for him man. I know what it's like to develop common sense slowly. I was 25 before I asked myself, "what the h.ll are you doing with your life?" Not everyone develops these things at the same pace. Look at that show, beauty and the geek. Some of those guys can solve a Rubik's cube blindfolded but would fall apart if a hot babe talked to him. Let's cut the guy a little slack. He may catch on someday.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Ah damn i hit the wrong key....LOL now i look stupid.

I meant "dumbest"...... nevermind now
    That's okay, whether you meant to or no, you just invented a new word (see my new personal tagline).
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular
    Funny stuff Dusty.

But seriously, the whole time I've been following this thread I can't help thinking that SVI is immature because maybe he is exactly that. While I don't think it is right to give out personal info on the web I can't help wondering how old SVI actually is (NO, I don't really want to know). If I am right I think everyone should think carefully about some of the offensive remarks being thrown around. If I am wrong then we all know the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Maybe he will just go away.

And now, for something completely different....

Have a set of Quad 22L and Thiel CS1.6 in home for a listen. Listening to Jean Luc Ponty on the 22L as I type this and it sounds great! Pretty amazing little speakers. Too bad I have to take them back in a couple of hours (not ready to purchase quite yet).
    I guess the Thiels are an acquired taste, not very impressed with them personally.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by pkats
    Funny stuff Dusty.

But seriously, the whole time I've been following this thread I can't help thinking that SVI is immature because maybe he is exactly that. While I don't think it is right to give out personal info on the web I can't help wondering how old SVI actually is (NO, I don't really want to know). If I am right I think everyone should think carefully about some of the offensive remarks being thrown around. If I am wrong then we all know the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Maybe he will just go away.

Take care
    He's 22. Just poke around in his website for a bit. (18 or older only please)
    I hope he doesn't go away. He brings out the best and worst of us all.

OK, but...

Funny stuff Dusty.

And now, for something completely different....

Have a set of Quad 22L and Thiel CS1.6 in home for a listen. Listening to Jean Luc Ponty on the 22L as I type this and it sounds great! Pretty amazing little speakers. Too bad I have to take them back in a couple of hours (not ready to purchase quite yet).
    I guess the Thiels are an acquired taste, not very impressed with them personally.

Take care
    ...what do you think of JBLs? Most studios and theaters use them...

For some real insight into the boy blunder, check all his redundant posts and if you really want to get extreme, visit his web sites...

jimHJJ(...claims to be 22...and his boyfriend suffers from PMS...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like.
    This is the most intelligent thing I've read from Spanky.... He actually finally realized that people are insulting him.... Maybe there is a small (very, very, very small) bit of hope for him yet...

Anyway, I get the whole thing of being totally into a Brand that audiophiles have no regard for... Hell, throughout my teens I was a diehard Panasonic fan... and when I moved from boomboxes and mini-systems to seperates I bought a full Technics (Panasonic) setup...

And even now, despite having heard $20K setups I still have fond memories of the old Pany setup with it's bloated bass and pitiful midrange... But the thing I can't fathom is why Spanky keeps asking for advice on JBLs.... I never dreamed of asking someone on this site for advice on Panasonics when I had them... Cuz I knew that the responses would be "sell them and buy something good" or "save your money and get something better"...

As I've said once before to another poster... this site is a great place to learn about audio... but try and ensure that you ask the right questions here....

Asking the majority of audiophiles on this site for advice on JBL entry level speakers is like going into a sports car club, with guys driving (and bragging about) everything from Corvettes and Porsches to Lamborghinis and Ferraris and asking for advice on a Kia or Daewoo.... It's a sure way to get laughed at... and you're not likely to get the advice you want....
    Last edited by Carl Reid; 01-30-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Trust me...

...brand allegiance is not his problem...It starts with the constant reliance on specsmanship being an absolute in some manner...

jimHJJ(...it only blossoms from there...)

Forum Regular
    I haven't heard a JBL speaker in at least 15 years so I can't comment on them.

My point is this. From SVI's MO, I can't help thinking one of four things:
    1) He is much younger than he claims to be.
    2) He is in some way mentally delayed.
    3) He is in some way learning delayed.
    or
    4) Any combination of the above.

None of the above are valid reasons, IMHO, for being ridiculed and abused.

Sorry, I do not care to research his other web activity, I have much better things to do - like listening to music and learning about audio. Thats why I am here.

OK, my soapbox stint is over.

Thanks

or

Sorry, I do not care to research his other web activity, I have much better things to do - like listening to music and learning about audio. Thats why I am here.

Thanks
    Wow, sure seems like a lot to say about something you don't have time to look at fully. Am I missing something?

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Wow, sure seems like a lot to say about something you don't have time to look at fully. Am I missing something?
    nope.

Why of course...

...you are, you insipid, elitist, jerk...our altruistic defender of the downtrodden refuses to understand that Dallas is 22, still lives at home, is unmemployed, proclaims himself a proud gay boy, has the time to make himself a general nuisance 'round here and other sites AND still has the time and wherewithal to have two websites...

Might his "all of the above" be accurate...maybe, but I'm guessin' SVI is having a grand old time and is simply a PITA troll...or has been suggested, a performance artiste...S-o-o-o as Paul Harvey says now we all have, like it or not, "...the rest of the story..." reduced to it's most salient parameters...

jimHJJ(...if not, we'll all burn in hell...)
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 01-31-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

or

Thanks

Sometimes I think negative attention is better than no attention. I think he is lonely. It may be tough for him in Nebraska.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

or
    You seem to be entirely leaving out the possibility that he is doing this on purpose, I.E. trolling.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...you are, you insipid, elitist, jerk...our altruistic defender of the downtrodden refuses to understand that Dallas is 22, still lives at home, is unmemployed, proclaims himself a proud gay boy, has the time to make himself a general nuisance 'round here and other sites AND still has the time and wherewithal to have two websites...

Might his "all of the above" be accurate...maybe, but I'm guessin' SVI is having a grand old time and is simply a PITA troll...or has been suggested, a performance artiste...S-o-o-o as Paul Harvey says now we all have, like it or not, "...the rest of the story..." reduced to it's most salient parameters...

jimHJJ(...if not, we'll all burn in hell...)
    Hey! Just because I am an insipid, elitist, jerk doesn't mean that you can call me a...an... uh, nevermind.
    Well, Just because I'm a smart ars doesn't mean that you can, uh, um... skip this one.
    Just because he walks like a duck and talks like a duck, doesn't mean that you can assume that he is a ... err. OK OK. So I didn't have a point. At least I was.... at least I am..... Oh shut up.

That made me laugh out loud.... havent done that around these forums lately.

That made me laugh out loud.... havent done that around these forums lately.
    Glad to be of service.

By the way, I've begun breeding large cats to fight off your invasion.

By the way, I've begun breeding large cats to fight off your invasion.

maybe I'll think about breeding that killer bunny from in Monty Pyton's Holy grail...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Oh, there's an accident waiting to happen...it'll be like the beginning of Species II, with that big foggy ball/cage, and all of a sudden, they realize it escaped...
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Hey Michael,

lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity After we have taken over the world we join in glorious speaker moments.

Mutant from table 9
    lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity
    Hmmm... You do under stand that cats are utterly, depressingly stupid themselves? At least my cats are. Using a cat to fight stupidity is like bringing petrol to a firefight.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Hey Michael,

lets cut a deal and put the Cats and Hamsters together to fight off stupidity After we have taken over the world we join in glorious speaker moments.
    Don't forget the beer and you've got a deal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information