Forum Regular

High End speakers

What would you consider to be high end speakers,is there a price range? Size? What they are made of? Speakers used? I ask this after visiting a friend that has a system that he has insured at close to 50,000 bucks,I don't know what brand of gear it was but the speakers were some kind of radiator flat panel and his amps were tube,I mean you are standing there looking at the inside of these amps while the tubes are glowing.The sound was extremely clean and articulate, my system comes nowhere near this,I asked him if he does HT with this and he looked at me wierd and said no.Just two channel.Do you have to spend this much money to get this sound?I mean this gear was in a bedroom with no significant build quality.It just sounded that good period.I love my system but I now know there are sounds I have never heard in stereo till this system. I guess what I'm really asking is directions in this kind of sound to include HT also.
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

This will not mean much, but look in my gallery to get the answere to your question .... at least from my perspective!

I guess what I'm really asking is directions in this kind of sound to include HT also.
    The first step is to accept that there are systems for Mega Bucks that simply beat the living hell out of everything and ACCEPT that YOU CAN TAKE YOUR SYSTEM IN ANY DIRECTION. You want that Sound? Well go and hear some SoundLabs, Apogees, Perigees, Magnepans, Innersound and other systems. Get out and listen!

Diminishing returns are there, oh yes but so is a Ferrari and Lambo....doesnt mean they cant be enjoyed.

Its an awsome journey that can lead you to a friggin good sounding system. You dont have to do this, but its a LOONG journey and its a heck of a lot of fun :-)
    Last edited by Florian; 01-01-2007 at 09:35 AM.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Florian you crazy German that is awesome!! I lived in Boblingen Germany for a long time,and I had a friend that was audiophile and had speakers like yours but not as big.His system was excellent,he told me his speakers were close to 10,000 USD a piece! You have elegant taste and it shows,thanks for the pointer and the gallery.
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

Quote Originally Posted by powerlord
    Florian you crazy German that is awesome!! I lived in Boblingen Germany for a long time,and I had a friend that was audiophile and had speakers like yours but not as big.His system was excellent,he told me his speakers were close to 10,000 USD a piece! You have elegant taste and it shows,thanks for the pointer and the gallery.
    Thanks man :-)

I wont say the price of my speakers cause then you will simply sign a letter saying i am really really nuts. Anyway, let me know if i can be of help. I had a bunch of speakers and know a lot of brands. I love to chat too! So shoot me a PM if ya like and we can have a chat.

Cheers

Flo

Forum Regular
    Thanks Florian,I shot ya a PM.
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Well they carry a high end price tag, high end looks, and high end materials, but I found them rather boring and unengaging. What were they? The Aerial 20T. Ironic because I really enjoyed their lesser models.

Forum Regular
    I think my friend had Apogee baby grands,don't quote me on that.But I'm pretty sure he talked constantly about his Apogee's they were just smaller. Is it possible to get the sound from an $2500.00 set of speakers as the 5 to 10 thousand dollar range with better amplification,optimal placement,and room build?
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

Quote Originally Posted by powerlord
    I think my friend had Apogee baby grands,don't quote me on that.But I'm pretty sure he talked constantly about his Apogee's they were just smaller. Is it possible to get the sound from an $2500.00 set of speakers as the 5 to 10 thousand dollar range with better amplification,optimal placement,and room build?
    Not that i know, but i would recommend you go here

http://www.audioworld.com/cgi-bin/sw...=45&LastLogin=

Ask your friend about what model he has and go to that forum and ask if anyone can offer you a "listening" session. All the guys are nice there but no hifish blabber or "can i get this cheap" talk :-) We have systems going from 1K to well over 150K there and we welcome ALL guys who might be interested in a Apogee.

Thread Information