Thread: Axiom Speaks

Forum Regular

Axiom Speaks

Anyone from this board purchase any speakers from Axiom? If so, what model and how do you like'em?

Thank you,
    Don

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharris
    Anyone from this board purchase any speakers from Axiom? If so, what model and how do you like'em?

Thank you,
    Don
    I bought a set of M3Ti's from one of their last distribution outlets a few years ago...
    Very nice, inexpensive bookshelf, I use it in my dining room. In room under 200 sq feet, they have plenty of bass, in larger rooms, they do well with subwoofers. This is typical of most small monitors I can think of. I found them a bit difficult to set up right. At first I thought they were scorching hot...way too bright for even my tastes. I found they sound best with almost no toe-in at all though, very good off-axis response. This really allows them to open up. They're not as bright now. I wonder if it was my room, break-in, or what...but I find them pretty well balanced.

They have a bit more resolution than, say, my old Paradigm Mini Monitors, if perhaps a tad light on the bass compared to them. Very nice midrange, great for vocals. I hear them compared often to Paradigm's Studio 20's and other $800-$1000 bookshelfs. That's a far stretch. my Studio 20's were a good step up in terms of performance.. But they're at least as good as most $300-$400 bookshelfs I've heard lately, maybe a bit better. Good value. Only downside is the "buy first" business model. I think they have a list of owners who allow for auditions on their website, sounds a bit goofy to me, but maybe you could try that.

The fit and finish is as good as I've seen in a speaker under $300. I don't care what anyone says, that is important.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    IThe fit and finish is as good as I've seen in a speaker under $300. I don't care what anyone says, that is important.
    I agree 100%.

Thanks a bunch, thinking of using them as garage speakers.

Thread Information