Shill? Store info......

Nice way to welcome a new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about this. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question. Really.
    Last edited by bonsaiguitar; 06-06-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I think it was the way you worded the title

Quote Originally Posted by bonsaiguitar
    Nice way to welcome s new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question.
    I assume your asking wether any Audioreview member has had problems with that store.

Oh, the Klipsh are made in China already....
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Yes, does anybody have experience with New York Wholesale Audio Video?

Also, Klipsh is not made in China, but maybe counterfiets are?

Yes, does anybody have experience with New York Wholesale Audio Video?

Also, Klipsh is not made in China, but maybe counterfiets are?
    I may be thinking of their computer speakers, those are the only ones I've heard in a while.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    I may be thinking of their computer speakers, those are the only ones I've heard in a while.
    Then again maybe they are. I was told USA for the reference series today at a local dealer. The problem with this is with China they don't play by the rules. You should see the number of fake Gibson guitar on Ebay now shipping from China. Not a real one in the lot and they quality is very bad. I hope this isn't what's happening to Klipsch.

Why was my thread locked?

Defender of Common Sense
    what the hell are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by njspeer
    what the hell are we talking about?
    LMAO Well if the original thread wasn't deleted we would all know. I was inquiring about an online store with Klipsch RF-82' for $650 shipped from NY to SC. Sounds too good to be true. What do you think?

There have been a lot of shills as of late.

Nice way to welcome s new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question.
    They register and then their first and only post(s) are blurbs for a particular store and/or website. The store varies but the method stays the same.

If you are sincere about joining the party (by posting this question and it DOES appear you are(, give it another try. I'm pretty sure that within a few days you'll see what I'm talking about. ...but, the moderator who deletes these is pretty quick on the draw.

As you browse these forums, you may find detritus of these posts that have been removed.

Again, welcome and sorry about the rough beginning.

Markw (a nobody here)

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    They register and then their first and only post(s) are blurbs for a particular store and/or website. The store varies but the method stays the same.

If you are sincere about joining the party (by posting this question and it DOES appear you are(, give it another try. I'm pretty sure that within a few days you'll see what I'm talking about. ...but, the moderator who deletes these is pretty quick on the draw.

As you browse these forums, you may find detritus of these posts that have been removed.

Again, welcome and sorry about the rough beginning.

Markw (a nobody here)
    Thanks markw. It's also a bit rude to delete without reason. I even used my real name and POP3 mail account when registering. There's nothing about shill doing a search or reading the site policy, FAQ's, and rules so it's a bit odd to see this.

Anywho. They have all these package deals listed, so I had to call for a price on the RF-82's. The guy answering is originally from China ( I'm not a racist my wife of 25 years is Korean) so right away I'm thinking these guys are doing the same this to Klipsch that they're doing to Gibson guitars. We all know China never signed the trade agreement so they can counterfiet whatever they like. Doens't anybody think that $650 shipped is a bit low for Klipsch RF-82's (PAIR)?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    [QUOTE=bonsaiguitar]Thanks markw. It's also a bit rude to delete without reason. I even used my real name and POP3 mail account when registering. There's nothing about shill doing a search or reading the site policy, FAQ's, and rules so it's a bit odd to see this.

Hello. I did send you a PM about the reason I deleted it. I also just received your e-mail. I undeleted the post and want to welcome you to AR. It is a great place but we do get folks who try to use it for personal gain. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thanks johnmichael. I never received the PM or email.

Does anybody think this price is on the up and up?

One potential problem is that while they may be "real" they won't necessarily be "authorized" in that Klipsch won't recognize or honor any warranty express or implied by the sale through an unauthorized dealer. However, there are those consumers out there willing to roll the dice just to save some money. Thus, you have to ask yourself is you are one of those, and if having peace of mind is more important than saving money.

I've found a store with a price I can live with that is an authorized Klipsch dealer. That's who I'll more than likely go with. Of course having to wait a week or two for them to get them in stock in black and seeing a price around $200 less has to make one wonder.

If it sounds too good to be true...

Klipsch sells directly on Ebay

I've found a store with a price I can live with that is an authorized Klipsch dealer. That's who I'll more than likely go with. Of course having to wait a week or two for them to get them in stock in black and seeing a price around $200 less has to make one wonder.
    Factory seconds, but with full warrentee;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Referenc...QQcmdZViewItem
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

For what it's worth,...

Here's the latest shill posting, as of 06/07/06 @ 07:25 edst

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=18014

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    If it sounds too good to be true...
    Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Thus the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    Factory seconds, but with full warrentee;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Referenc...QQcmdZViewItem
    I've been watching those too. I prefer the RF-82's and something new.

Just received and email from Klipsch that basicly says these guys are not to be trusted. The speakers may have been altered or might not be the real deal.

Guess this thread is dead. Thanks for the input.

Stick around for a while and you'l see that a poster finding resolution to his/her question is rarely the end of the threat because you just can't shut us up. The question of patronizing unauthorized retailers for the sake of saving money can be quite the hot potato around here.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    Stick around for a while and you'l see that a poster finding resolution to his/her question is rarely the end of the threat because you just can't shut us up. The question of patronizing unauthorized retailers for the sake of saving money can be quite the hot potato around here.
    Now that all being said I'm buying a set of RF82's, brand new, in the box, with full warranty for $854 shipped to my door over the phone. Saving $50 for beer money. Can't get my Internet to work.

Let me just add what I found out. There was a big problem with dealers buying large lots then selling them online DBA (doing business as) someone else to get around the no online sales rule. Of course they couldn't offer the warranty but the prices were way lower. These were real speakers minus the warranty.

The manufacturer had their retained lawyers get most of this stopped but obviously there are a couple of these online stores still doing this. Klipsch claims the speakers have been disassymbled and reassymbled (why). My guess is they say this only to discourage one from buying them.

So the moral of the story is if it looks too good to be true it just might be true, depending on how you look at it.

Suspended
    I went to a Klipsch Pilgrimage a couple of years ago at their Engineering offices in Indianapolis IN. They stated many speakers in the Klipsch line are manufactured outside the US. Particularly the speakers with plastic cases or baffles. At the time they were talking about their THX certified mini-systems and multi-media, but I see the same materials in their newer speaker lines. I'd be hesitant of the China Klipsch'. They may look like a duck and walk like a duck, but I bet it wouldn't sound like a duck. Rotsa Ruck!

Here's a link to an article about the problem Klipsch had with resellers selling online.
    http://www.stereophile.com/news/0426...sch/index.html

None of the Klipsch Reference or Heritage lines are made in China, only USA. If they were made in China there would be serious problems with counterfeits. The lower cost Synergy and multimedia are, but there would not be enough profit on these to tempt counterfeiters.

Thread Information