Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairsonfire
    Have you thought about getting rid of the wife? He he he. Could not resist. I have a dedicated listening room, acousitically treated and tastefully decorated - all for ME! ME! ME! I never understood the attraction of "Relationships" and "Companionship." It all looks like a never ending series of compromises to me. Great for the movies and songs, but not real life. As for making your system sound better, experiment, experiment, experiment. I had a frustrating experience with toe in and speaker placement that was only cured after realizing my speakers were too far out in the room with far too much toe-in. However, I had to experiment for quite a while to get there. A well set up system is priceless when it comes to musical enjoyment.
    If the parent can control their child, there's nothing to worry about. I've seen this with countless friends/family who have pretty expensive (relatively) and delicate gear (bookshelf speakers, tube amps, etc). For some people, they should consider spending more time on parenting, and less time with home theater obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairsonfire
    I never understood the attraction of "Relationships" and "Companionship".
    And you make sure you hold that speaker nice and tight at night!

Forum Regular

Lightbulb

If I were you I'd pay more attention to your living and breathing wife than too some electronic wizardry that could break for absolutely no reason at all and give to !@#$% less whether you're upset or not. I guess the question is this. Would you rather have your wife around or your gear? If you have to think about that for more than a split second it's probably your gear to which I'd recommend you buy pure silver interconnects, that super expensive speaker wire from Nordost, and whatever other snake oil you can muster up with the remaining money you have.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey37
    I don't like for my wife to touch my remote(rc-5400) or any of my gear-Marantz sr-8300-dv-6200-w/ and a 6000$ deftech speaker system. Luckily, I don't have any booger eaters yet so I only have to fight off my better half! Also, I always think of what I could do to make my system sound better-Sound familar? "lowkey"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information