Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Something interesting

I found something interesting I found two kinds of JBL speakers that are the same specs but I would like to know if these are the same speakers. One is the JBL Control 1 Xtreme and one is the JBL Control ONE. I see that the Control ONE is sold in Best Buy or in another country. I saw the specs on the box or the Control 1 Xtreme and it goes 50hz to 20kHz. The Control ONE is the exact same too but its soo confusing on what's the difference.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    Ya I was woundering about that Control ONE too and what's the difference. That's a good question.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

I don't know much about JBL model numbers, I have read that huge stores like Best Buy with a low price guarantee get manufacturers to issue a special model numbers thereby making sure that you can never collect on the low price guarantee. "I'm sorry sir, that lower price unit is a different model."
    Herman;

My stuff:
    Olive Musica/transport and server
    Mark Levinson No.360S D to A
    Passive pre (homemade; Shallco, Vishay, Cardas wire/connectors)
    Cardas Golden Presence IC
    Pass Labs X250
    Martin Logan ReQuests.

Dallas's Forums

SVI!!! HOW MANY F*CKING TIME DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU!!! SPECS MEAN NOTHING!!!

oh, and lcswoosh05, please, look elsewhere, JBL sucks... sorry to put it blunt, but their cheap stuff does, the higher end stuff isn't too bad, some love it. but the cheap stuff is:

J unkie
    B ut
    L oud

So, look around, i bet those are the same speaker, but visit a local hi-fi shop first.

(PS, SVI, that pic is f*cking freaky dude)

Well I am a huge JBL fan and I have lot's of speakers from them. I don't think the affordable ones sound that bad as you say they do. But I just was woundering what was the difference on those two speakers. But it might be just the name is different but on the Control ONE the box says it's the orginal series. I looked at the copyright and the Control ONE was made in 2004 and the Xtreme was made in 2002. So the Control ONE might be a newer updated model and maybe better sound but I just need to know if you guys know for sure if the Control ONE is better.

Thanks everyone

does SVI have multiple personalities? and log-in names here?? sure seems like it, didnt anyone notice lcswoosh05 and SVI both spell "woundering" the same way??
    Last edited by MikeyBC; 01-27-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Who is SVI? Is he or she your friend? Anyways I found a pic of the box of the Control ONE on ebay. It looks different from the C1X.

Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Icswoosh is SVI isn't it?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBC
    does SVI have multiple personalities? and log-in names here?? sure seems like it, didnt anyone notice lcswoosh05 and SVI both spell "woundering" the same way??
    I really think you guys are rude to who ever that person is since I am NOT Icswoosh05. That makes me mad. There are other guys that like JBL too so quit it. So what if he spells words wrong that doesnt mean that its me.
    Dallas's Forums

Why would I make many names if I have 337 posts which the most posts I ever made on all forums. Thats pointless to make other names.
    Dallas's Forums

yeah, somepeople like JBL, but SVI, you are just an IDIOT, plain and simple, now please leave to that other forum you joined and get the h*ll out of here!

GET, SHOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I really think you guys are rude to who ever that person is since I am NOT Icswoosh05. That makes me mad. There are other guys that like JBL too so quit it. So what if he spells words wrong that doesnt mean that its me.
    I'm sorry...I'm not trying to be rude....but I'm not stupid either. It just makes sense...there can't be two people here with your particular style.
    Last edited by MikeyBC; 01-27-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock

I really really don't appreciate that you guys hate me soo much. I am just posting and asking questions about speakers I seleted. If I wanted to know more about better or different speakers I would put something like "what are the best speakers for music" THEN you guys can say whatever speakers you please and we can compair and see what's best. Ok???
    Dallas's Forums

I really really don't appreciate that you guys hate me soo much. I am just posting and asking questions about speakers I seleted. If I wanted to know more about better or different speakers I would put something like "what are the best speakers for music" THEN you guys can say whatever speakers you please and we can compair and see what's best. Ok???
    Nobody is hating you, but you are very uneducated about audio, including speakers. People are trying to prevent you from repeating mistakes you have already made, and so far you've been uninterested in that.

Well anyways who ever this guy is I would like to know the answer to his question to since I was thinking the same thing and needed to know the answer about the difference on Control ONE and Control 1X that I currently own.
    Dallas's Forums

Well anyways who ever this guy is I would like to know the answer to his question to since I was thinking the same thing and needed to know the answer about the difference on Control ONE and Control 1X that I currently own.
    In both yours and lcswoosh05's profiles the equipment list has Pioneer VSX-405, JBL HLS410 and Kenwood GE-1100 listed in them...you've been busted! now just be SVI please
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBC
    In both yours and lcswoosh05's profiles the equipment list has Pioneer VSX-405, JBL HLS410 and Kenwood GE-1100 listed in them...you've been busted! now just be SVI please
    seriously, it wasn't even a very good attempt at a second identity. And on top of that, he's asked the exact same questions as "Icswoosh" on other forums without assuming different identities.

OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like. I just wanted to know how good are these speakers only and not other kinds I know there are other great speakers out there but I am just into JBL alot since my dad said JBL speakers are soo great and he works in a recording studio and plays drums. He use to own the JBL Control 1 pro versions and I really liked them alot. But they are not working anymore and had to be tossed away. I just wanted to know how good is the Control ONE is compaired to my new JBL Control 1X.
    Dallas's Forums

Yes this is Dallas the gay boy I am proving it that its me here but I will be using the SpankingVanillaIce from now and hope people will be nicer to me.

Anyways to get to the point you guys really hurted my feelings baddly thats why I wanted to start over but that didnt go well.
    Dallas's Forums

OKOKOK FINE I am icswoosh05 too I did that because I wanted to start over and start from fresh meaning from people not hating me anymore since I really really felt bad that you guys are picking on me when I am just asking about certan speakers I really like. I just wanted to know how good are these speakers only and not other kinds I know there are other great speakers out there but I am just into JBL alot since my dad said JBL speakers are soo great and he works in a recording studio and plays drums. He use to own the JBL Control 1 pro versions and I really liked them alot. But they are not working anymore and had to be tossed away. I just wanted to know how good is the Control ONE is compaired to my new JBL Control 1X.
    Just because your dad says they're good for his needs, or in a studio, or however he might be using them has no real weight on whether they're the right speaker for you. Just buying speakers because someone said they're good is a bad way to go. You need to really listen to them to decide for sure if they're right for you.

If you can, listen to both speakers. If that means ordering a pair of each and comparing them, then do that and return the one you don't like. However I really think (as do I think many others here) that you should avoid these two JBL speakers entirely and consider some other options.
    Anyways to get to the point you guys really hurted my feelings baddly thats why I wanted to start over but that didnt go well.
    you've done it to yourself by not listening to people and taking stock of your situation. People also get upset with you because they give you advice and try to help you, and you just completely ignore them.

How about humoring those of us who say you shouldn't bother with the JBLs and take a visit to some local audio shops and see what speakers they have in the <$500 range for example. You may find something you really like and realize you're better off saving to get something that might cost a bit more. I'd say to look at some of the places we usually suggest to look used, but we know nothing about what you really like in speaker sound (and I don't think you know either) and that just opens you up to more confusion. Plus, if you go to audio shops and listen to the speakers and tell us what you heard and what you liked (and why you liked it) we might be able to give you suggestions based on that which would be within your budget. Consider it a challenge, if you're willing to try it you'll either find you want to stick with the JBLs or that perhaps we're right and in the end you lose nothing.

I went to Best Buy recently that's how I found out about the Control ONE and I thought maybe thats an improved version of the Pro Control 1 and I really liked the sound of the Pro version so I thought that maybe the Control ONE will be better since its made newer too. The reason why I got the Control 1X is since that was the only one that i can get at my price range since the pro one costs more. But I was shocked when I saw the JBL Control ONE the orginal it said so I was thinking to get those and sell my Xtremes. But I just needed to know if you guys think the Control ONE are the same as my Xtremes.
    Dallas's Forums

nevermind, you'll just continue to be ridiculed

I thought there was hope for you, but evidently there really wasn't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information