Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I am talking about a real measurment. Some thing like this.. Its quite easy..

The drop off at the 5khz is normal on the laptop soundcards and the bass raise is partially from the unabsorbed backwave of the dipol bass radiation pattern and the rest is room gain. These were taken at 85db

Is this an anechoic response curve? I think you would find the deep bass response with a dipole to be quite different in a normal room.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

3db
    Forum Regular

So whats your answer?

I am talking about a real measurment. Some thing like this.. Its quite easy..

The drop off at the 5khz is normal on the laptop soundcards and the bass raise is partially from the unabsorbed backwave of the dipol bass radiation pattern and the rest is room gain. These were taken at 85db

I'm still waiting for your answer and seeing as how you cannot give me one, I assuming your either way too arogant to care or your just pulling stuff out of your ass. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say its both.

I completely missed this thread. Well give me a bit, i will reply
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    Is this an anechoic response curve? I think you would find the deep bass response with a dipole to be quite different in a normal room.
    That is the responce of my personal Apogee DIVA Reference in my room taken at the listening position.

Cheers

Florian

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    Bass response in an anechoic environment is not the same as response in a room. Below the fundamental resonance of the room, there is the phenomenon of room gain at about 12 dB per octave. You read the specs but you don't understand what they mean.

Besides, you didn't bother to look up the measurements John Atkinson did in Stereophile.

http://stereophile.com/floorloudspea...04/index8.html

In John Atkinson's room, you can see the bass is down very little at 20 Hz. Atkinson does not attempt to measure the maximum output from speaker but D. B. Keele does, and his review in Audio magazine showed that the Stratus Gold-i is capable of quite substantial output even at 20 Hz . I have that review at home.
    Cheers the measurments are taken in my room at the listening position.

Since you love quotes , this is from HIFI-NEWS 1985 about the smaller Apogee Scintilla

Quote Originally Posted by HIFI NEWS 1985
    The bass of the Scintillas just goes down and down. The diagram shows the individual near-field response of the two driver sections in my room. That is real 20Hz extension!
    Enjoy

PS: How about this, will each compare the measurements of these puppys in our own home? I have my measurements in my home

3db
    Forum Regular

Talking You still haven't answered my question.

I completely missed this thread. Well give me a bit, i will reply
    about real measurements

You mean this one? Well i agree, but my measurements are takin in room

3db
    Forum Regular

nope

You mean this one? Well i agree, but my measurements are takin in room
    The one where you dismissed my measurements taken with my SPL meter

Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    The one where you dismissed my measurements taken with my SPL meter
    I didnt dismiss them, i just wanted to ask you to please verify them by using a different measurement technique.

:-)

3db
    Forum Regular

Ok cool

I didnt dismiss them, i just wanted to ask you to please verify them by using a different measurement technique.

It didn't come across like that Florian. It came across as being dismissed when on says "take real measurements" Maybe you didn't intend it so everything is cool.

I'd like to verify using your suggested method. Would be rather cool to get two measurement technics to come to the same conclusion. But it would be rather impractical (ie I'm too lazy to move the PC from the office into the HT room) for me to do this.

Getting back to the PSB Goldi, I've read many a review on them and judging them from their bass driver and cabinet size that these speakers could dig deep into the bass. At those low frequencies, bass response becomes more a function of placement more than anything else. Thats why i'm not a fan of tower speakers with built in powered subs because placement will usually become a trade off between good solid bass response and proper imaging.

I'm surpised by my speakers specs (Image T45s) that it can hit 30 Hz. I'm thinking room gain plays a huge roll in this.

Frequency Range

On Axis @ 0° ±1.5dB 48-20,000 Hz
    On Axis @ 0° ±3dB 35-23,000 Hz
    Off Axis @ 30° ±1.5dB 48-10,000 Hz
    Lf Cutoff -10dB 30 Hz

Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    It didn't come across like that Florian. It came across as being dismissed when on says "take real measurements" Maybe you didn't intend it so everything is cool.

I'd like to verify using your suggested method. Would be rather cool to get two measurement technics to come to the same conclusion. But it would be rather impractical (ie I'm too lazy to move the PC from the office into the HT room) for me to do this.

Getting back to the PSB Goldi, I've read many a review on them and judging them from their bass driver and cabinet size that these speakers could dig deep into the bass. At those low frequencies, bass response becomes more a function of placement more than anything else. Thats why i'm not a fan of tower speakers with built in powered subs because placement will usually become a trade off between good solid bass response and proper imaging.

I'm surpised by my speakers specs (Image T45s) that it can hit 30 Hz. I'm thinking room gain plays a huge roll in this.

Frequency Range

On Axis @ 0° ±1.5dB 48-20,000 Hz
    On Axis @ 0° ±3dB 35-23,000 Hz
    Off Axis @ 30° ±1.5dB 48-10,000 Hz
    Lf Cutoff -10dB 30 Hz
    Well sometimes i come across like an arrogant *******, but i guess its my writing style. English is my second language ;-) Well i would really recommend you getting a second measurement, especially because you can change the acoustics and the placment and see exactly what repsonce you get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information