Question Polk Speaker Advice ?

What do you think about Polk RT55i Fronts

Polk CS400i Center

PolkRT25i Rear

VelodyneCHT-12 Subwoofer?
    Thanks for any advice?
    Thanks,
    Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 10-04-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Forum Regular
    I think thats a nice value set up for you. I have older Polk S4's and have really liked them since I bought them. I think you will be happy. Could you afford to step up to a SVS or HSU sub? They are not that much more and are better performers IMO. I say that and I have a Atlantic Technology T70 Sub but it was a money/space/WAF thing The sub cost me only $179(it was a blowout deal) I don't really need any more than that, and the wife said nothing bigger than what we got and I did not have the $$$ for a SVS/HSU cause I had to get a new HT Receiver also since the old one was just regular old pro logic and I wanted to step up to modern technology . But I did hear SVS/HSU and in their price range they are pretty much the standard others get measured by(again just my oppinion but its shared by MANY others on those subs).

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    How about 4 RT55i's?

I almost bought the 55i's when Crutchfiled had them for $299/pr. a while back. They were very good speakers, but I just decided to go ahead and get what I really wanted (Paradigm Studio's) but the Polks are nice if you are getting a good price on them.

C Bennett, I also still have a pair of S4's. I use them in the basement. I worked at a Polk dealer at the time and I bought them when they first came out. They represented a radical re-design for Polk at that time!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    I almost bought the 55i's when Crutchfiled had them for $299/pr. a while back. They were very good speakers, but I just decided to go ahead and get what I really wanted (Paradigm Studio's) but the Polks are nice if you are getting a good price on them.

C Bennett, I also still have a pair of S4's. I use them in the basement. I worked at a Polk dealer at the time and I bought them when they first came out. They represented a radical re-design for Polk at that time!

I would like to get another 2 S4's for 2 rear surrounds. I still think they sound great and look/sound like new still.

I had a pair of S6's to match my S4's but gave them to a guy who did some work on my house. I'm an idiot.

Thread Information