HA HA HA, so disturbing. Carver inside....

I remember hearing these when I was younger at a Circuit City of all places! I remember they sounded good....to my early teenage ears.

This makes me want to vomit!!!

The auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...766635707&rd=1

Hmmm, I don't recall any of the Carver speakers ever selling at Circuit City.

A friend of mine worked at a store that stocked the Carver Amazings (the model that had a trapezoidal shape similar to the Apogee Duetta), and those were very impressive and underappreciated speakers. Until I heard the Innersound Eros a couple of years ago, the Carver Amazings did the best job among the panel speakers I'd heard at rendering and integrating the bass with the rest of the frequency range. At $3,000 in the late-80s, the Carver Amazings were one of the better values in their class, and had fewer major drawbacks that I could pick up on compared to the other panel speakers that I tried out during that era.

For all of the flak that Bob Carver took for his controversial "magnetic field" amp designs, the speakers that Carver produced were very well thought out and played on the strengths of ribbon speakers, while using a hybrid design that addressed their weaknesses. Martin Logan started producing hybrid speakers around the same time that Carver did, but those designs were not nearly as well executed.

Well this Circuit City did back in the mid 90's. THey have several Carver Amps, w/ the handles, and these Carver speakers above, along with a Carver 10" powered sub that I almost bought, but then went with a Velodyne which much much better, for only $100 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Hmmm, I don't recall any of the Carver speakers ever selling at Circuit City.

A friend of mine worked at a store that stocked the Carver Amazings (the model that had a trapezoidal shape similar to the Apogee Duetta), and those were very impressive and underappreciated speakers. Until I heard the Innersound Eros a couple of years ago, the Carver Amazings did the best job among the panel speakers I'd heard at rendering and integrating the bass with the rest of the frequency range. At $3,000 in the late-80s, the Carver Amazings were one of the better values in their class, and had fewer major drawbacks that I could pick up on compared to the other panel speakers that I tried out during that era.

For all of the flak that Bob Carver took for his controversial "magnetic field" amp designs, the speakers that Carver produced were very well thought out and played on the strengths of ribbon speakers, while using a hybrid design that addressed their weaknesses. Martin Logan started producing hybrid speakers around the same time that Carver did, but those designs were not nearly as well executed.

Well, 4+ days left on the bid and already 3bids at 495.00

So they must not be too bad. Obviously someone wants them.

Thread Information