Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Carr
    Point is please just answer the questions I' am asking and not say something I didn't ask unless it's reguarding the question.

Thanks

that's the problem.

like with these "80watt" philips "speakers", you asked something about the power rating, we gave you multiple, clear, understandable and VERY complete answers.

And then you simply ignored those answers because you weren't happy about their content.

that's what we've been telling you all those years, if you want to learn, you have to listen.
    and you asked us more than once which speaker was better, and you told us more than enough, that you wanted better. We gave you some options, we gave you advice that could really have helped you, we gave you specific routes, future plans, ...

But again, you simply ignored that too, and went with "another set of pc speakers".
    and after you got that new "glorious" set of waste, you went on raving again about how glorious they were, and how much better they are then the previous speakers, just because they were new. and then, a couple days later, you again decided that you didn't like them as much as on the first day, and again, you asked us, we answered, you ignored.

That's your problem.

You ignore our answers, simply because you don't like them. in your head, you just wished us to say "yes, those philips' speakers put out 80 watts, and probably even more in peak power, and yes, they sound amazing and put out amazing bass, and more bass, and even more bass, and the highs from their unobtainable kryptonite tweeters are so very crisp"

but we don't, we tell you facts, we tell you our opinion, and we tell you the truth.

cheers,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Heres a pic of my speakers on my desktop PC and one that is underneath is a amp.

As you see of cource on the box it says 80W doesn't that mean 80 watts? The last pic is the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Philips powered speakers-picture-006.jpg   Philips powered speakers-picture-005.jpg   Philips powered speakers-picture-001.jpg  

Isn't this where we started?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well I just wanted to show you that I wasn't lieing and it really said on the box that it's 80W. Shouldn't it be saying 40W instead?

It should say 20.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

As you see of cource[sic] on the box it says 80W doesn't that mean 80 watts?
    Click here for the answer to this question.

Just wondering but there is a speaker system from Philips and the model is SPA9300. Now they say they are 100W since it has a 8in 6 layer subwoofer and basicly the two main speakers are like mine just without the passive bass speaker. I would assume since 8in sub is big for computer speakers it can go total of 100W with the two main speakers.

Just wondering but there is a speaker system from Philips and the model is SPA9300. Now they say they are 100W since it has a 8in 6 layer subwoofer and basicly the two main speakers are like mine just without the passive bass speaker. I would assume since 8in sub is big for computer speakers it can go total of 100W with the two main speakers.

don't get them.

they're another PC speaker.

keep what you have, save, get something decent.

and I have a 10" sub for my pc system btw, and 175watts of power for the sub alone, In reality, though, it'll never ever put out 175 watts, I'm pretty sure of that...
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

Suspended
    I' am here mostly to just inform you guys my current speaker system. If I want to know something then I will ask you guys a question. But as I said before please don't tell me to use a different product since I never asked you guys "What speakers should I use" and "What amp should I use". I only so far asked what sub should I get and you said the Sonys so that's what I will get. In the future if that is I ever get enough money and have enough to buy a new system and want to know what speakers, receiver I should get then you guys can say what you think is best. But I only asked what sub should I use and now I know.

I do appreciate that you guys are trying to say this is better or that is better but when I set my mind on something I want I will get it and then if I need any help I will ask. Like the sub question.

Point is please just answer the questions I' am asking and not say something I didn't ask unless it's reguarding the question.

Thanks
    Well, I guess that puts us in our place! How dare we offer advice without being specifically asked for it?

I'm done.

I was supprised about this but another forums I joined just got banned since I had couple of screen names. I really didnt know it was that bad to do this. But problem is that I think most just bans all of them so I can't even explain what I did and say I am sorry unless I make a new account again right? I made these accounts last year and until now maybe no one noticed. Why dont they just leave one open so I can talk to the admin.

I guess still need to learn about forums.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I was supprised about this but another forums I joined just got banned since I had couple of screen names. I really didnt know it was that bad to do this. But problem is that I think most just bans all of them so I can't even explain what I did and say I am sorry unless I make a new account again right? I made these accounts last year and until now maybe no one noticed. Why dont they just leave one open so I can talk to the admin.

Not all have a soft spot like me and the other mods at AR. We try not to be rigid. I only like to ban spammers.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

most of the times, a person with multiple screennames on the same forum, is usually a spammer or spambot. You don't want such people, so most forums ban them before they can even "launch their attack".

so no, you get no time to explain things...
    here on AR, however, we have JM. And JM actually cares about all "his" members, so thank him for still being able to post here.
    Life is music!

Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-304
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hello, my name is Nick. Some AKers would know me from there. Anyway, I found myself reading this and created an account to say:

Spanky/Joe/Dustin, what you are doing is THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY. You continue to buy MORE COMPUTER SPEAKERS with ZERO increase in sound quality. You are not upgrading your listening experience. So STOP RIGHT NOW, and DO NOT buy another pair of computer speakers. SAVE YOUR MONEY. When you have enough for a stereo receiver, BUY IT. They're not expensive anymore. Then, SAVE MORE MONEY. I promise, if you don't blow it on computer speakers, it will accumulate quickly. Then buy a DECENT set of speakers that are NOT MADE OF PLASTIC. To top it all off, buy an inexpensive cable to connect the receiver to your computer. That will work fine as an audio source. So go ahead and buy that Sony subwoofer if you wish, but NO COMPUTER SPEAKERS. You WILL have a much better experience if you save up for a decent system. I hooked up my friend with a vintage system to replace his Sony Muteki stereo (which, by the way, will run circles around your computer speakers) by selling him my surplus components for the price I paid for them. He spent only $65 and has a Pioneer integrated amp, Yamaha speakers, an Akai tuner and JVC CD player. It took very little convincing to make him do this. He thought the Sony was a quality audio system. I said, "If you were to say that among those seriously into audio, you would be laughed at." That's about all it took. We took that system out to his barn once for a party, plugged in a laptop, and it was FANTASTIC. You don't get that with computer speakers. Now he uses the Muteki as computer speakers, and it works great for that.

I'm trying not to sound mean or angry, but you REALLY need to listen. I and everyone else on here SPEAK THE TRUTH. You just need to realize this. Don't spend your life buying a new set of computer speakers every few weeks. GET THE REAL DEAL. You will NEVER REGRET IT.

If this doesn't work, I give up too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information