AR Newbie Registered Member

PC Spkrs: Logitech Z-680 v/s Home Audio Setup

I am looking for a good set of speakers and sub, for my computer. I listen to a lot of trance and techno, with vocal trance as well. My secondary listening would be movies, soft rock, pop. Therefore im looking for good base.

Now my question is i am getting these Logitech Z-680 speaker set for $230, I don't mind spending a little more, basically nothing more that $300 and maybe getting a better system.

I looked at circuitcity and found floor standing speakers, Pioneer SH453FK for $150. Obviously i would need a receiver to hook this upto my computer, which would cost me another $150.

So basically is it worth it spending $300 getting only two speakers but not pc speakers, rather than getting the 5.1 set from Logitech which has been given very awesome reviews by everyone. Would it give me the same freq. resp, quality, and power with just two speakers as opposed to 5.1's.
    Also if anyone has other suggestions for $300 speaker set with receiver, or a pc speaker set that is less that $300, could you please recommend.
    Thanx
    Chiraag

Forum Regular
    klipsch pro media,,,,ive had them about a year sq is excellent,,,bass is more than adequate,,,,the sub is now larger with a lower price,,,,,thats my recommendation,,hers a link...
    best buy klipsch

Last year I bought Altec lansing 621 system for my computer (2 speaker, sub woofer and remote) from Circuitcity which was on sale for $99, and sound quality is amazing. Very low distortion and high power system make this system a winner. As matter of fact, I rather listen to this system than my main system. It is that good

Circuitcity seem not carry this system any more, but it is available on line.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/p.cfm?p=73826&CMP=KA18442

Thread Information