AR Newbie Registered Member

Anybody familiar with the Ohm Walsh Series speakers?

I am hoping to get some input on the Ohm speakers. I am interested in getting a pair of the Walsh Series 100-S3's. They have a 120 day trial period to test them out. If anyone out there has any experience with them, I would appreciate their opinion on them.
    Thanks in advance for any info.

jrayton

I owned Ohm F's

Quote Originally Posted by jrayton
    I am hoping to get some input on the Ohm speakers. I am interested in getting a pair of the Walsh Series 100-S3's. They have a 120 day trial period to test them out. If anyone out there has any experience with them, I would appreciate their opinion on them.
    Thanks in advance for any info.

jrayton
    I owned a pair of Ohm F's many years ago for about five years. One of my biggest hi-fi regrets is that I sold them in favor of crappy B&W DM7's.

The Walsh driver Ohms are, of course, omni-directional speakers, and if not properly place will result in diffuse imaging. They ought to be kept 3+ feet from any wall.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I think our resident Klingon Warrior, Worf, owns a pretty set, maybe he'll chime in.
    I always liked every Ohm speaker I heard. Don't see or hear much of them anymore.

You Rang?

I've several sets of Ohms. From the Walsh 2's and 4's to a set of F's. I find them to be marvelous, quirky, beautiful and my cup of tea. Wife Acceptance Factor may be a problem which is why my F's are currently in the basement and NOT in my living room. They present "different" problems with placement than conventional box speakers. They've a wider "sweet spot" than others. My only main complaint is that in older models the amount of bass often changes with the vertical positioning of your ears. You stand up, more bass, sit down, less bass. But this phenomena is extremely model and room dependent.

Older models also like gobs of power!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Da Worfster

Thanks for the love Kex!

Forum Regular
    As a prior owner of Ohm Fs in the mid-late 1970s and having auditioned the newer S200s, I'd say go ahead with the audition. They are unique and great sounding speakers. John Strohbeem (Ohm's president) is a very professional and forthright guy to deal with.

One note of clarification, the current Ohms are not true omnis. While they have very wide dispersion, it is still a controlled pattern. (The original Ohm Fs were omni.)

The Ohms have very solid bass for their size and offer a very wide sweet spot. Ultimately, they are not for everyone but you are the only one who can decide that issue for yourself.

Thread Information