Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat D
    I don't think you've thought this one out. This is what British comedian Michael Flanders said in Flanders and Swann's number, "A Song of Reproduction," as close as I can remember it off hand:

"They want the sound of an orchestra actually playing in their sitting room. Personally, I can't think of anything I should hate more than having an orchestra actually playing in my sitting room! But they seem to like it . . ."

What happened to the idea of creating the illusion of hearing a performance in a much larger hall or whatever ambience the recording was made in?
    Uninterested in what a comic thinks - and you should believe that you're not listening to speakers but immersed in the event.

And the thrid paragraph - well push the Church button on whatever receiver and hey any speaker good or bad can make a neato little shift to make it sound like you're listening in a church - in every room I've lived in over the years. Some receivers offer more selections like Hall, Rock concert???, etc. Maybe they have one for bathroom, kitchen etc.

Forum Regular

Talking Try and audition a Dynaudio audience 52se

Try and audition a Dynaudio audience 52se before you decide.All your problems with aggressiveness and distortion in the highs will dissapear...
    You need good amplification though...good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information