AR Newbie Registered Member

side mount speakers for plasma

Newbie--bought the 50" plasma (professional, no audio) am thinking of purchasing Sony's side mount speakers. Are these OK or a huge drop off from a good home theater system.

Thanks,

Bob

Forum Regular
    I have no idea about the Sonys. I know that Thiel makes custom-designed speakers for plasmas, and if they're anything like the rest of Thiel's lineup, they're probably among the best speakers available.
    http://www.thielaudio.com/
    http://thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site05/P...oint_news.html

I hope that helps a little.

Price range?

Sony is not very well regarded for their speakers, so I would take a pass. You can find very nice on-wall speakers that are designed for your exact application from notable manufacturers such as Magnepan (MMGW), B&W (FPS), Definitive Technology (Mythos), and Legacy (Sconce) among others. Another option would be in-walls from Boston, Paradigm, B&W, Sonance, Niles, Cambridge Audio, and Polk to name but a few. You have a plethora or choices, so don't settle. Listen and choose what you like. There are credible options in almost every price range.

Hope this helps.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Yeah....lay down some bucks and the fellahs here will steer you in the right direction...
    there's a few wall mounted speaker systems that are decent, and even a few "small cube" HTIB like systems I can think of...

Nothing against Sony, but you don't want to go there.

Thread Information