Thread: Bose 901's

AR Newbie Registered Member

Bose 901's

My folks had 901's when I was a kid at home. Didn't have much of an ear then. I do remember they were LOUD. I can buy a pair of sereis iv with eq in excellent shape for $200. 1. Are they worth the money?
    2. Do they sound decent by todays standards?
    3. Did they ever sound good by any standards?
    Thanks much.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome to AudioReview. Please understand that many members do not like Bose. As far as the 901's they have a unique sound that some like. I have heard many pairs of 901's as an audio salesman many years ago and at friends' homes. I like them on certain types of music and recordings. For the price if they are in good shape and the surrounds of the drivers are not rotted I say buy them. The 901's are unique and they are still being produced so I guess they meet today's standards for 901's. I would buy a pair for $200 just to pull them out for certain recordings. I do not think you will regret having them but I do think when you listen to more speakers you might enjoy something else a little more.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for your answer to my Bose 901 question. Got an opinion on my post titled Axiom 60.Thanks

Thread Information