Forum Regular

Cheap Subs

Here's another call for help with cheap subwoofers. I'm in college and need a sub but don't have a lot of cash to spend on one. I've been reading some reviews and doing some research and am currently looking at: yammie yst-sw315, sony sa-wx700, jbl e250p, infinity entra or some cadence ones i found on ebay. I've got about $200 and wouldn't mind getting a used one. I've got a yamaha htr-5760 reciever and fluance sx speakers. I'd like a 10-12" with some decent power so if you have any experience with these or any others in this price range I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.
    Last edited by ranthum_runner; 11-25-2004 at 10:06 PM.

Forum Regular
    Just wondering if anybody has any experience with any of these subs or any similar. Does anybody know anything about the polk psw404? I don't have the money for svs, velodyne or hsu and need a little low end to my system. Any options or opinions are welcome.

Forum Regular
    I'm not familiar with any of these subs but I have seen some good deals on the discontinued Velodyne CHT series. I googled the CHT-10 and here is what I found:
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...asterid=671780
    I'm not familiar with the vendor but I am familiar with the sub and it's hard to beat at this price.
    Jeff

AR regular
    Fluance has a very good subwoofer for $235. I've been using it for nearly a year. Also for about $200 street price, Sony makes a great one using two 10" drivers.

Forum Regular
    I don't have any experience with any of the subs but do have an idea for ya...If you don't already have a job go get one at best buy the discount is f*cking great you'll be able to pick up a sub for 10' sub for 139...This may be a far fetch idea for ya but I had a buddy who was a full time student and worked part time and hated his job so I told him to come work for BB to get the discount and he never regretted it. I just bought JBL's EC35 for $157 plus all your cables and speaker wire are 70-80% off

Thread Information