Thread: Confused

AR Newbie Registered Member

Confused

First of all Hi to everyone, My question is has any one heard of JA Audio speakers or HTD there respective web sites where they can be found is www.inwallstore.com and www.htd.com I'm looking to purchase some speakers for a ht and am lost on selections. From the specs the JA Audio seems to be a good speaker but any one can post things to the web, I'm on a budget as this is going in a house that still under construction and I can't afford to break the bank I still have other expenses to consider any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

If you give us your budget, exactly, we could begin to help you. And as always with speakers, do your best to buy ones you can actually audition, thus staying away from online only purchases.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    My budget is as follows hopefully under a grand seeing as I still have two buy plasma t.v's, projector, and screen theater chairs and the rest of the goodies if you look at there specs they seem to be par with the JBL Series oh the JA Audio's

Be very careful when using printed specs to compare and judge speakers.

It doesn't work for judging quality and personal tastes.

Yes, after a while, specs all start lookiing the same and you'll find two speakers with similar specs will sound radically different. For your budget, you should be able to find something satisfying with Polk, Infinity, Energy, B&W, or Paradigm. Check their websites, find local dealers, and audition them as much as you need to.

J unkie
    B ut
    L oud

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    J unkie
    B ut
    L oud
    I love my L-26 Decades and L-55 Lancers!

the old stuff is awesome, i'm talking about their new crap...lol

I'm just havin' fun wid ya.

the old stuff is awesome, i'm talking about their new crap...lol
    I tend to agree, though.

yup, JBL made some pretty sweet stuff back in the day, but they just don't have that same...i don't know what....that they used to, just to junkie...but they do go loud!

Once again...

J unkie
    B ut
    L oud
    It's getting pathetic to see you constantly return to this juvenile mantra. How many times have you managed to post this now? You've got to come up with some new schtick, since you've worn this one out.

Did some kid who owned JBLs beat you up in high school or something?

Here's a check list for you. How many of these current model lines have you listened to?

Northridge E Series
    Venue Series
    Studio Series
    Studio L Series
    TiK Series
    Performance Series
    Project Array Series
    K2 Series
    Synthesis

I'm guessing one or two at the most--probably one. That hardly makes your blanket statement valid or your superficial observation meaningful.

Yea, that speaker company gets slammed pretty hard, I really don't know why. The
    speakers last forever, and can be really abused. The 4410a's I use are over 20yrs old,
    and are in mint shape. Yes, it takes POWER to drive them, no there not pretty to
    look at...There studio monitors, not eye candy. All top and mid level jbl's do one thing
    very well, put out clean, clear, dirty rock music, LOUD, without breaking down. Thats
    what there known for, and i'm into that, so it works for me. One negitive is..Get A BIG
    Amp, 150W-200W was and is standard for any monitor from 1970 to present. If your
    driving these things with some 75w x 5 amp, it won't work. JBl's need to be "pushed"
    to wake them up(vintage ones for sure). If your into classical or jazz or "soft" music
    these won't work for you, if you want to crank some 70's, 80's clasic rock, All jbl
    pro monitors will knock the crap out of you. My 2 cents(maybe alittle more)
    Later

Thread Information