Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You raise a good point, but this system will run for enough money that the people who have the ability will listen before they buy. To many, looks are not important especially to those seeking the higher end in high end. I took all my electronics and cables with me when auditioning the DIVAS. I checked the seriel numbers, production date, import papers and the new ribbons. I spent many hrs and days on research before droping the aprox. 10,000$ (trade in plus cash) on it. I think they look great, but considering their placment criteria and size they will not apeal to the average listener. I think the linearray is similar, and the people who seek it and can afford it wont care too much about the looks.

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I think the linearray is similar, and the people who seek it and can afford it wont care too much about the looks.
    -Flo
    Or they're single .

Nightflier,
    "Granola" is so blatantly obvious, I can't believe no one else thought of that! Kudos, brother. We have winner!

BTW, can we all stop feeding the troll now?

Oh yes, or single. How could i forget that
    What troll?

-Flo

I hope you're kidding about the "what troll" question. BTW, props on your albeit long winded post in the Bose Bashing thread (you know, by the other new troll). One of the best you've ever made.

It was a joke

Thanks, i will try to be more "open minded" and "fair" in future posts. Also i will stay away from the political section and the steel cage. Those places are not for me.

-Flo

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Granted, they probably sound fantastic, and all those drivers probably contribute to that sound, but the real question is what's the point of diminishing returns when adding drivers?
    Enormous dynamic capability, clarity and image size. Anything but a "confused" speaker. They make the walls disappear when driven properly.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    For a home-built speaker, you have to ask yourself that question as each driver costs money not just by itself, but also to incorporate it into the design.
    There is certainly nothing wrong with practical compromise designs. Most folks don't spend $120k on speakers.

rw

Suspended

Exclamation

These new speakers from GR-Research was one of the best sounding at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.......Look on Page 8 >>>> http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/v...ic.php?t=21620

Suspended

Exclamation

These speakers are not a line source, they are (point source). The open baffles give you a more live-like sound that box speakers don't even come close to. Danny Richie, the owner of GR-Research tells us more about this in this link here..... http://www.hometheatertalk.com/httal...ic.php?t=15128

Well i agree, but it also qualifies as a linesource because drives the room over the full height. Much like my DIVAS, i am sure they are wonderfull!

-Flo

PS: I like the box quote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information